• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleaned out the local WalMart on 9mm

Decoligny

imported post

My wife and I stopped by Walmart to get a few things. I checked the ammo case and there it was, one single solitary box of 50 Blazer Brass FMJ 9mm.

I bought it.

In discussing the ammo shortage with the person working the counter, she said that the reason they were low on ammo was that the manufacturers were not shipping any to their warehouses, and thus the warehouses couldn't ship what they don't have.

This brings up the question, Where are they shipping the ammo, if not to the retailer warehouses? They haven't shut down the ammo factories, so the ammo has to be going somewhere.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I dunno but 40 cal is in ample supply. Maybe the Mexican drug cartels and terrorists and whatever other enemies the government may be waging war on tends not to like the same ammo that most law enforcement uses.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

well most of the factories changed the dies and are shipping it to the military for the upcoming invasion on afghanistan, along with the AR-15 factories. They changed the dies and presses also. we are doing it to ourselves....time to start reloading guys....if you can even find powder and bullets.

KylaGWolf

imported post

Military and law enforcement get dibs then we get whats left. I know that here 9mm is hard to find and when you do you pay through the nose for it.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

for handgun ammo i found a very reliable guy who reloads and has been for 30+ years. i havent had a single ammo problem in the handguns......the .223 is a different story.... i absolutely LOVE trying to fish rounds out of my AR15..:cuss::banghead:

edit- its the ammo dump in sacramento