• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

armscor

gunman

imported post

A friend came by today with a new toy, a armscor model 200 38 special, a nice looking revolver. my question is anyone own one, and how good are they?

hp-hobo

imported post

I've had my M206 for about a year now. Mine is a bit unusual in that the standard M206 has a 2" barrel and wood grips. Mine has a 3" barrel and rubber/plastic grips like on the M200. I guess it was built as sort of a tweener.

It shoots great and has been 100% dependable. Extremely accurate too (comparatively) out to 25 yards. The only problem I've hadafter about 1,500 rounds through it is in the cylinder release mechanism, or the thumb piece as S&W calls it. If you don't keep it well lubricated, I use with lithium grease now, it'll bind and not let the cylinder unlatch to swing out.

IMO, these are an extremely good value for the price.

gunman

imported post

Thanks for the information, I think i will by one. I think $150 is a pretty good price for a 38 special and its a really goodlooking gun.

jbone

imported post

I saw a new one few weeks back a small shop has me thinking of grabbing one, more a momento since they are made in thePhilippineswhere my wife is from.