• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Does Jacksonville, NC react to Open Carry?

c1ph3r88

New to OC

Hi guys. I just wanted to jump in on this because I am also looking for others who currently OC in Jacksonville NC. I just recently got my weapon and did enough research to feel comfortable with the regulations, but I too would rather be around others who have a little more experience OCing. I don't currently see an open topic for a meet in Jacksonville but would definitely like to meet up with others. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DreQo

Hopefully more people will respond. You may want to start a new thread titled "Jacksonville, NC Open Carry Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Or maybe something a little more subtle..but you get the point lol. Either way, 4 would be fine! I'm sure significant others may show up, too. Mine might, but she doesn't carry (yet)

Hi guys. I just wanted to jump in on this because I am also looking for others who currently OC in Jacksonville NC. I just recently got my weapon and did enough research to feel comfortable with the regulations, but I too would rather be around others who have a little more experience OCing. I don't currently see an open topic for a meet in Jacksonville but would definitely like to meet up with others. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

DreQo is right - a specific, separate thread with the event and date in the title will get more attention w/o having to search through the thread for the latest info if you are not already up to date. Build it and they will come + get a separate stickie.

Generic threads like the one here make finding current info like looking for a needle in a haystack.

This is how we do this in our area (see posts #1, 7 & 77) Greater-Richmond-Area-March-OC-Dinner-3-20-12-at-7-pm and you will see how this develops and encourages others to attend.