• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun places in vegas area to rent/shoot?

mellman

imported post

Hey all,

Traveling to Vegas with family in a few months, early june to be precise. My father and I would like to do something fun out there, and have been looking at perhaps going to a range and killing an hour or two. We'd both like to shoot an AR, and perhaps something automatic if available. Looking for recommendations on places out there.

We've also tossed the idea of going to front sight if any of you are familiar with it. Anyone been to that?

Thanks everyone!

shotdown

imported post

If you want to rent full auto firearms, try The Gun Store (google it). Also, DiscountFirearms & American Shootershas a small selection. You'll end up spending a good amount of cash for renting them.

I've attended Front Sight for the 4-day handgun course and I thought it was great. The hours are usually from 0800-1800 except Sunday because of the night shoot. Plan to be there until 2100-2200 on Sunday. The website says you'll need 800 rds but you'll only shoot about 650 rds. Bring food with you since Pahrump is a far drive from the facility and you only get 1hr for lunch. They have porta-poties but they keep them very clean and they have stations where you can wash your hands. Bring warm & cold weather gear with you. It's hot in June but it can get a little chilly at night. Bring a good holster and a double mag pouch, a concealmentgarment, eye/ear protection,flashlight& extra magazines. If you are bringing your own firearm, bring a back up just in case. You can also rent them there but you will have to call ahead. I've seen a few people's firearm go bad. Also, I would bring your own ammo since ammo is hard to find around here. Email me (for faster response)if you have any more questions.

kurtmax_0

imported post

I went to The Gun Store last Dec. Shot an UZI a few times. A bit pricey, but cheaper than buying your own.

They are extremely careful and don't let you load the firearm or anything.. just shoot it. I guess it makes sense as most of the people going in there looked like they had never shot a firearm at all, let alone a machine-gun.