• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE SUMMER OF FURY ? WHO IS ANGRY ? OUT OF WORK ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Is it just me or are more people upset about the economy ? I am upset about gun pricesdoubling and ammo being scarce . Do we have a place to buy-sell-trade ? Where do people network ?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Happily retired on a fixed (so far) income with dwindling assets but not the house! Bailed on the market, liquidated assets went into the house and local bank account. Illiquid assets went into the most secure instrument available to me.

Meanwhile nanny.gov wants adults to self-criticise and submit to http://www.samhsa.gov/economy while risking their RKABA.

Screening of teens is recommended http://www.ahrq.gov/news/press/pr2009/tfaddeppr.htm so that they can be pre-emptively adjudicated disbarred their RKABA.

Legba

imported post

I doubt E-Bay is doing anything to facilitate sales of gun-related stuff. In fact, they recently changed their payment policy so that it's now all but required to use Pay Pal or some other card transaction to tender payment - and PayPal and a lot of credit card processors won't knowingly facilitate gun transactions, so I am not hopeful that this will improve things for us.

I bought myself a rifle from SOG (Lebanon, Ohio) for an early xmas present, and got a hateful cease and desist letter from the credit card company about it. They apparently thought I was sending guns to the country of Lebanon or something. Idiots.

As for the OP, I'm still employed, and I am angry, but I'm too old to do much about it. I did shave my head as a symbolic alienation gesture, but that's about the extent of my fury these days.

-ljp

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Sorry Legba. Sarcasm is lost through this medium. My belief is that anyone looking to disappropiate themselves of their firearms and related gear at this juncture is missing the point. This is the goal of the CEO of Gov Co.

Legba

imported post

Sorry - missed that. As I said, I'm getting old. ;-/

-ljp

Carnivore

imported post

I don't sell my guns, and I don't sell my tools!! I've got two purchases on the burner right now, but have to back off any more for a while, Hunt lease ate up some funds, Contour SVT not feeling well, New "0" turn moweron the way,, grass in Missouri is starting to get out of hand..

Give me 3 mos, and I'll be back in the business of stocking up , still lots of Calibers out there I have to get..

Aran

Banned
imported post

I want to get my hands on a Mateba Model 6. Then I'll have everything I want (aside from buckets and buckets of ammo, my own house, a garage... okay, so I'll be satisfied for a day or two.)

Pamiam

imported post

There are plenty of places to sell your guns, but I recommend you keep them as close as possible. If you must sell, sell them in your own community at every opportunity.

If you are in the position to buy, likewise buy within your own community.