• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where In KY Are You OCing

hotrod

imported post

bedfordnky wrote:
Was just curious to know where in KY everyone was? Im from Florence, and also oc in all surrouding areas.
Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Grant, Gallatin, Scott, Fayette, Madison, and Pulaski Counties. No problems.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I'm in Lexington, but I carry concealed 24/7.

I'd like to open carry more for the liberty aspect. Rights not used are rights soon lost. I also resent the need for a license to practice an unalienable right, and I DO consider the right to keep and bear arms to be an unalienable right, whether concealed or not. Let the state start issuing permits for unalienable rights and then they have the right NOT to issue permits... IMO.

I started Guns And Garbage (see the other thread in the Kentucky open carry forum for details), largely to counter the "out of sight, out of mind" attitude. If gun owners carry concealed all the time, people who don't own guns assume that only police and criminals have guns, and we slip a bit closer to losing our gun rights. The cure is to provide regular examples of responsible open carry to educate the public.

On this forum, I suspect I'm preaching to the choir. Sorry.

BigBubba

imported post

KY_CCDW wrote:
I'm in the Lexington area. Don't see too much OC here, but LOTS of CCDW here I know for sure. (I trained 'em!):D
i live in Winchester but am in Lexington everyday, where would i go to get CCDW trained/licensed ?

Fred

imported post

Christian County...mainly oak grove, hopkinsville area

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

This is forKY-ccdw. I am looking to get my ccdw. I live in georgetown can you give me the class? If so how much?

Wyoming

imported post

E'town and a few trips to Louisville. I need to run to Whole Foods on Shelbyville Road this afternoon for some coffee (I am addicted to their organic whole bean). I wonder how many of the libs that hang out there would take issue if I OCd. I CC there all the time - if they only knew.........

BigBubba

imported post

finally got my 1911 and blackhawk holster, so plan to start OCing in Lex and Winchester this week

KY_CCDW, let me know when and where your doing your next class, i'd like to sign up