• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Support Our Orange County CCW Brothers!

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=168333

This is a particularly IMPORTANT event for the CCW cause in OC. PLEASE Come out and let your voices be heard AGAIN.... And this time, it will be to people who really can effect the Sheriffs political future. If she loses the Backing of the OC Republican Party, she is all but through come 2010.

The meeting will be this Saturday at a location to be determined. So try to clear your calendars. When we know the location, we will update this thread.

Quote:

By Allan Bartlett | 03/25/09 | 11:33 PM | 5 Commentshttp://twitter.com/home?status=Reading: The+Sheriff,+CCW+Pol The Sheriff, CCW Policy, And The Republican Party | Red County

The issue of concealed carry weapons(CCW) policy has reached the inner sanctum of the Republican Party here locally in OC. It has been bubbling up ever since the new sheriff decided that she was going to implement her own views regarding this policy after she was appointed sheriff last year. Last month, an effort was mounted by Bruce Whitaker of the Central Committee to pass a resolution of no confidence against Mrs Hutchens' CCW policy. It narrowly missed getting the necessary two thirds vote to take up the issue under suspension of the rules by three votes, 24 to 16.

The issue now resides in the party's Resolution Committee. Chairman Scott Baugh appointed me as the new chairman of the committee at the last meeting. The political "hot potato" is now in my lap. It is my job to call a meeting of the committee and report back what happened to the Executive Committee. I have chosen the date of Saturday April 4th at 10am at a place TBD. My intention is to have the meeting be as open as possible and let as many Republicans as possible come speak their piece on this issue...this includes the sheriff, should she desire to come down and explain her policy to the committee. As soon as the location is nailed down, I will be sending her an invitation to speak. I have to say that going into this, a lot of central committee members are very disturbed by her stated policy of narrowly interpreting the law that gives her wide discretion about issuing permits. This issue cuts to the core of our civil liberties and Constitution. It should be an interesting and lively meeting.

The members of the Resolution Committee are: Allan Bartlett(chairman), Kristine Alonzo, Mark McCurdy, the Honorable Thomas Fuentes, Pat Burnes, Craig Alexander, and Marcia

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2251717&postcount=7

The NEW date is Monday APRIL 20 at 6PM.

The Meeting this saturday will still be held, but it will be a closed door session and a few select CCWrs will be speaking.

The NEW meeting on the 20th will be the day they vote on whatever resolution comes out of the first meeting, and it will be open.

Again, Im still working on an address but will update this as I get more.

THANKS!