• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma here I come

Bullbuster

imported post

Come May 1st the wife, kids and I move to our new place in OKC. I will be coming back to VA for a short time but then go back to OKC for at least the next 3 years. We are renting for now and the owners are about as Pro gun as you can get. When I asked the owner if guns are OK he tapped on his waistband and said I carry and told me to carry as much asI wanted. I can't wait to get moved in and also do my part to help get OC legal in OK.

So how many other members here are in the OKC area?

KBCraig

imported post

If you thought VA law was quirky (like the "Virginia tuck"), just wait until you try to figure out OK law. Not just guns, but alcohol (and especially guns & alcohol!) :shock:

There's also the added joy of tribal land, of which there is a lot around OKC. Driving down highways, you'll be informed by road signs that you're passing through various nations you've never even heard of before. And they all have their own set of laws!

For a local(-ish) gun store, I recommend Big Boy's in Wheatland.

Good luck!

okiebuckout

imported post

I don't think you have anything to worry about on the tribal lands. If you are like any one else just traveling through or stopping for whatever reason, there should be no problems. During the Concealed carry course, there is no mention about different laws traveling through tribal lands; nor does it mention a thing in the Self Defense Act. You can find that on the OSBI's (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation)website. This gives you all the laws on carrying firearms. Welcome to Oklahoma. It will grow on ya.

Josh

Bullbuster

imported post

sorry its been awhile.

Thanks for the welcoms and web links. I've gotten the wife and kids moved into the new place. I'm back in VA till July 10 when i make the long one way drive back :celebratewith S&W at my side for company (not big on conversation but tends to be loud when called upon:D).

Still need to read up on the gun, hunting, and fishing laws and regs. I can't wait.

highrpm955

imported post

Welcome to Oklahoma!.....I work in Lawton, a gang infested city about an hour away from OKC. You should never have a reason to come to Lawton!.:lol:Oklahoma city has a lot of nice spots....Bricktown, Cowboy HOF,science museum.....make yourself at home!

Bullbuster

imported post

I come down to Medicine Park allot as a hunting buddy of mine lives there. While i can't OC I do CC all the time on my trips down and heck every other trip out of the house i make.