• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yeehaw!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

"What's behind the shift? A budding relationship between the gun lobby and Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill. After Holder mentioned the ban, the National Rifle Association sent out action alerts to its members and bombarded Hill offices with calls. Sixty-five House Dems dashed off a letter to Holder opposing such a ban, while Speaker Nancy Pelosi—echoing the NRA's mantra on all gun-control issues—said she backed "enforcing the laws we have now."
NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre told NEWSWEEK that Hill Democrats have "learned their lesson" from 1994, when they enacted the ban and subsequently lost control of Congress. They've also learned that cozying up to the NRA can pay big dividends. Last year Democrats received 20 percent of the nearly $1.2 million that the NRA pumped into congressional campaign coffers—more than twice what it gave to Dems just six years earlier. The way things are going, this could be more than a shotgun wedding".

Just another reason for everyone to be an NRA member!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
They've also learned that cozying up to the NRA can pay big dividends. Last year Democrats received 20 percent of the nearly $1.2 million that the NRA pumped into congressional campaign coffers—more than twice what it gave to Dems just six years earlier. The way things are going, this could be more than a shotgun wedding.
Just another reason for everyone to be an NRA member!
Democraps and their enabler repugnicrats! Shopkeepers should tend to their business.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
:celebrateYeehaw!:celebrate

http://www.newsweek.com/id/191414

:celebrateYeehaw!:celebrate

If it were me I wouldn't have used the dancing banana avatar for this thread. The dancing banana is sacred in the opencarry.org community.

This country is a powder keg. If they know what's good for them (politically) they will leave it alone.They have to ignore the bozo's request to ban our freedom. This is our right. Not just throwing a dog a bone. This is how it's supposed to be.

Use the dancing banana for a victory, not just digging in and taking the defensive and hoping for the best.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Use the dancing banana for a victory, not just digging in and taking the defensive and hoping for the best.
United (and active) we stand - divided we are dog meat.

Yata hey

HariCarry

imported post

Its too bad, nothing ignites the political right like a good old fashioned gun ban.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
T Dubya,

Sorry, but I believe it is the Dancing Monkey (Bob-Cav's?) that is the most "sacred" animated gif here.

:monkey

Allhail and render homage to the Dancing Monkey...

-- John D.

Noted, thank you.