• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC story....

kyboyy

imported post

I went to do laundry tonight at a 24hr spot called Coin Laundry on U.S. 18 in Florence. I had my 9mm on me because I bought a new Fobus paddle holster today and absolutely love it!!! A guy had come in while I was drying my laundry and got a good look at the gun on my belt... He threw all of his laundry in bags as fast as he could and ran out the door... The guy running the place came over and was talking to me and told me that the guy was freaked out about the Glock on my side.. I was sad to tell him that it was only a Hi-Point.. lol. But he was really interested in all of the laws for OCing.. We had a nice talk for a bit about it and he told me that he owns a couple small pistols but didn't know that he was allowed to OC with no permit. I think I kinda pursuaded him to look up on it and start carrying himself...

Went over pretty smoothly. Thought he'd be pissed that I ran off a customer lol... But normally I share bad experiences, this one was actually good!!!

Statesman

imported post

kyboyy wrote:
He threw all of his laundry in bags as fast as he could and ran out the door...
That seems to be irrational. I find it disturbing that there are "men" that are terrified at the sight of a gun.

v8shoguy

imported post

Hey, that's not a fair statement. There are plenty of 10 y/o girls that aren't scared of guns.