• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goodbye

CaCop

imported post

When I first came to this site I had views on gun control that I now believe were wrong. One good thing has come from me joining these forums. I am a supporter of your goals pertaining to the 2nd amendment.

I have come to realize that the focus of the community here is to affirm their right to bare arms first, and bash Police, and the justice system, second. Many people here don't fit into this category, but those that don't are OK with the ones that do. My views on most things are drastically different than these people. I am truly sad that so many people are willing to bash Police. It is easy to bash a career that is always in the spotlight. It is not so easy to give praise when praise is do. I would ask that you all have an open mind in the future. Realize that Police Officers are human, just like you. We make mistakes, we make bad decisions, and we do great things, just like anybody else.

I would also ask that you stare reality in the eye a bit. You are a small community in the scope of things. Your views are not shared by many people. In reality, more people disagree with your views than agree. If the majority of people shared your views, you wouldn't have the uphill battle that you are engaged in right now. When it comes to Police, this is even more true. Most people who are willing to bash Police, like some of you do, are criminals. I'm not calling you all criminals, but some of you share their thoughts. In my career I have found that most law abiding citizens are pro-Police. They don't have bad run ins with Police because they obey the law.

Everyone here believes that law abiding citizens should be armed if they choose to be.I agree with you 100%. Some people here think that everyone, no matter if they are law abiding, should have the right to be armed. They rationalize this by saying that criminals wont obey the ban anyway. I would like to point out that this type of rationale would have us get rid of all laws. If criminals wont follow the laws anyway, why even try to enforce them, right? Wrong! Laws are made as a deterrent. If people didn't know that they may have to pay for their actions, many law abiding citizens may be tempted to do things that they wouldn't have done otherwise. Some convicted felons and parolees may still Carry concealed, but if there was no against this, many more would.

When I go home at the end of the day, I always feel proud of myself for being part of such an honorable profession. I have been in situations where life was saved, and situations where life had to be taken. I can say with honesty that I have had a very honorable career. I hope and pray that those of you who command the respect of the younger ones here would be careful at what you preach. When you express anti-Police views, they will do the same. I am not your enemy. The Police aren't your enemy. I am a good man, and I take offense to all the anti-Police propaganda that is taught here.

Good luck in your cause. I am not going to frequent this site any longer. There is too much disrespect directed towards a very respectful career. I hope that if I am ever in trouble, a law abiding citizen will get my back.

ACEllis

Hutch/Wichita ~ Missing Littleton, Co :(, Kansas,
imported post

As a recently new Emergency Dispatcher for fairly populated county and city, as well as a new resident of a city supporting disarmament, I see first hand the institutionalized discrimination of gun owners on a daily basis. The police aren't the bad guys, the system that tells them they are always right and anyone who isn't reliant on them is persona non grata.

I'm sorry you feel this way, and that law enforcement is caught in the middle of Rights vs Politics.

AC

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

A shame that you will not be visiting us anymore. If you ever check up on us though, i'd like you to try to keep something in mind concerning the 'police bashing'.

It's your shop. You might only be one small wheel on the cog, but it's your shop. The bashing you see on here is a direct result of the harrassment that members have experienced on a personal basis. In the attempt to rectify these situations through the proper avenues, the members here have been stonewalled by people in your shop. When we've taken these things to higher levels, we've been denounced by people in your shop. When we've had all recourse removed from our avenues of redress for grievances, by members of your shop, the result is predictable in the bashing of YOUR shop.

You may not be directly responsible for any harrassment or later stonewalling, but it's YOUR shop. If you want to see a stop to this bashing, clean up YOUR shop.

Most all of us on here want nothing more than to be able to work hand in hand with law enforcement in both helping you do your job for the public while you respect our rights and privacy. If that can't be done by members in YOUR shop, that is not OUR fault.

Clean up YOUR shop and there won't be any reason to bash YOUR shop.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Although I slightly agree about your post and that some here are LE bashing, I think that as a whole many of us respect the concept of police, just not the execution of their duties.

They are the arm of the government and as such will constantly be bashed. Police were once the pillars of a community and I wish this was still the case. I have encountered some police that are really nice guys until they put on the uniform. Then all of a sudden they become someone else with the power to destroy your life.

I have also on several occasions wanted to leave the boards, but simply ignore the ignorance sometimes displayed by some of its members. . . The specific situation that comes to mind is when I mentioned that I will protect someones right to burn the American flag. . . I was severely attacked for my statement and originally got mad. There are many opinionated people here and I ignore the ignorant ones. . . I hope you can come back and understand this and simply ignore them.

FogRider

imported post

Theseus wrote:
Although I slightly agree about your post and that some here are LE bashing, I think that as a whole many of us respect the concept of police, just not the execution of their duties.
I think this sums up the general attitude fairly well. LE has sharp lines drawn around their areas of responsibility/authority, yet they consistently step over those lines and wonder why people don't like them.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
It's your shop. You might only be one small wheel on the cog, but it's your shop. The bashing you see on here is a direct result of the harrassment that members have experienced on a personal basis. In the attempt to rectify these situations through the proper avenues, the members here have been stonewalled by people in your shop. When we've taken these things to higher levels, we've been denounced by people in your shop. When we've had all recourse removed from our avenues of redress for grievances, by members of your shop, the result is predictable in the bashing of YOUR shop.

You may not be directly responsible for any harrassment or later stonewalling, but it's YOUR shop. If you want to see a stop to this bashing, clean up YOUR shop.

Most all of us on here want nothing more than to be able to work hand in hand with law enforcement in both helping you do your job for the public while you respect our rights and privacy. If that can't be done by members in YOUR shop, that is not OUR fault.

Clean up YOUR shop and there won't be any reason to bash YOUR shop.
+1

Putting on that uniform doesn't give you a Teflon coating. When an officer does something unconstitutional, unethical, or immoral, (s)he deserves the verbal "bashing" (s)he gets. Officers are very stick-together-ish, for many practical reasons. Don't take it personally when we "bash" another person in uniform. We are speaking out about unconstitutional, unethical, and immoral behavior, not against uniforms or authority.

Stop treading on me, and I'll stop complaining about it.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Best of luck CaCop. All of us have our institutional prejudices. You overcame yours to a much larger degree than many. I appreciate your open mind and ability to reason.

poothrowingape

imported post

i know ive been guilty of bashing cops on these forums in the past. due to recent things in my life i would like to recant those statements and appologize. police arent our enemies; they are just doing their job.

honestly if any of us were LEO's and saw someone with a gun and didnt know aboutUOCwhat would we think and do? the exact same thing.

i work with the clovispolice alot with my current job. they are great people and only care about the well being of my city and are working with us to rid the mall i work forof its current problem with being over run with gang members.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
i know ive been guilty of bashing cops on these forums in the past. due to recent things in my life i would like to recant those statements and appologize. police arent our enemies; they are just doing their job.

honestly if any of us were LEO's and saw someone with a gun and didnt know aboutUOCwhat would we think and do? the exact same thing.

[Nope. If no laws are being broken, why would I make unfounded assumptions? In states where open carry is common the police do not harass open carriers. This is the environment we are trying to foster in CA.]

i work with the clovispolice alot with my current job. they are great people and only care about the well being of my city and are working with us to rid the mall i work forof its current problem with being over run with gang members.

[How many of those gang members are lawfully openly carrying a firearm? Or do they keep it stuffed down their baggy pants?]
The comments in blue are mine.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I wasn't going to comment on this, as it is my habit to ignore posts proclaiming "goodbye" or "farewell"- as they are usually posted as a weather balloonby needy, attention seeking children. I do not believe that is the case with CaCop.

I do think that CaCop has misunderstood the focus of our frustrations. You see, I don't dislike police and I dont believe that anyone here could honestly say they hated policemen. The problem is that when we voice our frustrations of how police conduct themselves, we do not seperate the bad action from police work in general. I do not think that all police officersare bad, but I do keep in mind that policemen are human, that police work occasionally attracts tyrants, bullies and would be criminals- as such power is attractive to their personalities.

Because such tyrants, bullies, and criminals exist everywhere, our small community needs the support ofpeace officerswho uphold the Constitution and the tenents of liberty. Whether CaCop returns or not is irrelvantat this point- though I believe we should season our comments so we would not irrevocably withdraw the "Welcome" mat toLEO'sat OCDO's door.

cato

imported post

I captured him sneaking back on line right now :p:DHey CaCop, have you checked out Calguns.net?

CaCop
Supporting Member

[align=right][/align]

pullnshoot25

imported post

cato wrote:
I captured him sneaking back on line right now :p:DHey CaCop, have you checked out Calguns.net?

CaCop
Supporting Member

Oh Cato, you warm even the subcockles of my heart!

jbone

imported post

I find your reason to abandon a new found common interest of preserving the 2nd a COP out. You mention folks bash your profession (an honorable one at that), the justice system and this forum having those that support these actions. Now I’ve been in the military for 24 years and have been bashed as a member of the Armed Forces by Americans with different views, many of them hold a national political office. Step back and admit that many in your profession bash those outside of their click of lawmen, they speak ill of the justice system when they have spent countless hours staking out and nailing the worst of the worst burger eaters in the neighborhood just to have a pencil neck liberal lawyer put them back on the streets the very next day. Many in your profession would tell you to your face only they should own or carry firearms. Tell me it doesn’t happen… I know it does, I know them from my 26 years now retired LE father.

If an individual runs and hides when criticism, concern, fear, or anger is thrown in a particular direction with facts, observations, concerns rage or disgust and one can’t process it with out feeling hurt and quitting, than I say there’s more then you admit to your reason for removing yourself from a cause you support.

Every walk of life has these issues, challenges, people called numb nuts, and another right of freedom to express. I would hope you don’t quite your day job because you soon realize the same type of citizens exist in the department as do in McDonalds, the local retail mall, the military, the saw mill, the Beltway. caCOP we are talking mainstream America here, and yes they post and vent on all kinds of forums. LE are citizens first, I fear to many these days find themselves above citizenship and feel they are more part of the local political system standing taller than their neighbor, more worried if they don’t drink the kool aid they could find themselves a regular citizen again. If you value the 2nd as you say then use that passion to educate those in your circle. I don’t give a rats ass what profession a person represents as long as they represent American’s and the rights we cherish. Lastly, a butt load of folks on here from every walk of life have been bashed and butt hurt, they get over it and return to the common cause, hell I’ve been beat good on my grammar skills and I keep pecking away. Hope to see you back and pecking away soon!

KylaGWolf

imported post

I have no desire in bashing LE. I come from a law enforcement family even was going to go into the field.

Just know that not everyone has had a good experience with the police, so don't take it personal I know its hard not to.

Imo if you leave you do yourself a disservice.

BTW exuse my sucky spelling I am typing with a broken finger and I am in typo overload and not a hope in catching them all.