Thread: Do you ever feel like you forgot something when unarmed?

Post imported post

Two things brought this thought to mind.

First off the Seatac gathering, as I was talking to some there it was a comfortable but new feeling of sitting in a crowded room with so many people with firearms on and NOT having to constantly rest my elbow over top of the gun. Not a bad feeling at all just different. (I am not talking about holding the gun in the holster or constantly touching it, or making it obvious,, but just resting your arm over it, naturally, as has become my habit in crowded situations)

Second, on Sunday I went up to Canada, and of course had to leave my Kimber at home. I actually kept feeling like I was missing something. My Kimber is as much apart of my apparel as my wallet, and being out shopping in Vancover and walking, kept reminding me of the lightness of my hip. I was really suprised at how noticable the difference was to me.

So is it just me, or when you (have) to unarmed is it really noticable difference to you?

Post imported post

Its not only you I go to canada alot too and have to leave my weapon back home. I get the same strange feeling like as if I am walking naked. It gives me feeling of insecurity. It never felt good loosing that weight.

Post imported post

"Do you ever feel like you forgot something when unarmed?"
    Yes.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    "Do you ever feel like you forgot something when unarmed?"
    Yes.
    I second well third it. Always feels like I am missing something now if I go somewhere where I can't carry.

Manu give me a call next time you head up to Canada. Maybe we can grab a coffee, or stop by Arco I'll introduce you to my friends up here. They are so used to seeing me open carry, I even did some remodeling work in there while carrying, I am sure they would love to see another open carrier especially one with the same background.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

That's why I don't go anywhere that I can't carry.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

When I go to work I got in the habit of carrying my phone holster in place of the gun holster. However it just not the same.......

Post imported post

Sure SVG when I'll be going that way next I'll give you a call and we will meet up there I'll meet some like minded people in your town and like always my family will be with me I'll intorduce you to them too