• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you ever feel like you forgot something when unarmed?

triehl27

imported post

Two things brought this thought to mind.

First off the Seatac gathering, as I was talking to some there it was a comfortable but new feeling of sitting in a crowded room with so many people with firearms on and NOT having to constantly rest my elbow over top of the gun. Not a bad feeling at all just different. (I am not talking about holding the gun in the holster or constantly touching it, or making it obvious,, but just resting your arm over it, naturally, as has become my habit in crowded situations)

Second, on Sunday I went up to Canada, and of course had to leave my Kimber at home. I actually kept feeling like I was missing something. My Kimber is as much apart of my apparel as my wallet, and being out shopping in Vancover and walking, kept reminding me of the lightness of my hip. I was really suprised at how noticable the difference was to me.

So is it just me, or when you (have) to unarmed is it really noticable difference to you?

Manu

imported post

Its not only you I go to canada alot too and have to leave my weapon back home. I get the same strange feeling like as if I am walking naked. It gives me feeling of insecurity. It never felt good loosing that weight.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
"Do you ever feel like you forgot something when unarmed?"

Yes.

I second well third it. Always feels like I am missing something now if I go somewhere where I can't carry.

Manu give me a call next time you head up to Canada. Maybe we can grab a coffee, or stop by Arco I'll introduce you to my friends up here. They are so used to seeing me open carry, I even did some remodeling work in there while carrying, I am sure they would love to see another open carrier especially one with the same background.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

When I go to work I got in the habit of carrying my phone holster in place of the gun holster. However it just not the same.......

Manu

imported post

Sure SVG when I'll be going that way next I'll give you a call and we will meet up there I'll meet some like minded people in your town and like always my family will be with me I'll intorduce you to them too