• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC inc. is on the books.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

We are incorporated and are working on getting some by-laws written. This will take time. The committee will determine the membership price and what kinds we will offer..family, students, senior, etc...

So if you are interested in joining please post here and be patient with us. I plan on suggesting that we offer a one time CHARTER MEMBERSHIP to 30 people for a higher price as a fund-raiser. These members would get a certificate and other goodies. More on that if it's accepted by the board.

Thanks,

Michigander

imported post

Once concern I did think of, is that although most of us here will surely want to be full blown members, including me obviously, there should probably be a basic free membership that people can get without the benefits, just to make sure that our numbers grow as fast as possible, and to make sure that no one turns away just because they can't/don't feel like spending the money to join.

MarineSgt

imported post

Awesome! I've been lurking for awhile. I got my CPL in 2003 and it expired in October of 2008. I just went in yesterday to renew it. So I was CCing for a few years but was told I could not OC.

Now that I know I can OC I will have to try it out. :) I would be interested in some sort of membership.

Later,
MarineSgt

DanM

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Venator wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
In, unless the fee is something ridiculous....
Foryou it's $500 a year, for anybody else, much less.:p
That hurts. really, it does.

If $500 gets youthe "Grand Poobah" level of membership, don't feel hurt. At that level, maybe you'll get a big, furry, official-looking hat with a tassel, a gavel with which you get to control the starting and stopping of all business at MOC meetings, and life-time legal indemnification for any open carry related wrongful arrests/prosecutions.

Hold off on judgment, big fella, until you know what yer gettin' fer yer money! :p