• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC inc. is on the books.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

As of tonight we have 5 volunteers for the by-law and appointing a temp. board committee.

SQLtables, Springer XDacp, Jeffsayers,PilotPTK and me.

If anyone has concerns about this committee or any of it's members please PM me with details.

Thanks to those that stepped forward to help.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Venator wrote:
As of tonight we have 5 volunteers for the by-law and appointing a temp. board committee.

If anyone has concerns about this committee or any of it's members please PM me with details.

I will help in anyway I can with the by-laws and such but as you know I'm going to be pretty busy with little things for the next couple months.

Venator

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Venator wrote:

I will help in anyway I can with the by-laws and such but as you know I'm going to be pretty busy with little things for the next couple months.
You're going to let a little thing like new parenthood get in the way of important stuff, shame....

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Generally, as Groucho Marx said: "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member", I'll make an exception. Please add me to the list.

atlantis

imported post

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it. But, what was the purpose of incorporating? And what does incorporation have to do with membership? what does a membership do for someone other than the the right to say with pride "I'm a member" ?

I'm a big supporter of Opencarry.org but we'll need to know the answers to these questions if you want us to promote membership to others.

In other words, what will be done with the membership fees?

Thanks

Venator

imported post

jwelters wrote:
I'm in, as long as the fees aren't extravagant.
What would all of you suggest the fee be? Is $20 a year too much?How much fora student, family or senior membership? We might award honorary memberships as well, all depends on the by-laws that are not written yet.

So again, the question is what should a regular membership cost?

tygereye

imported post

Venator wrote:
jwelters wrote:
What would all of you suggest the fee be? Is $20 a year too much?How much fora student, family or senior membership? We might award honorary memberships as well, all depends on the by-laws that are not written yet.

I have checked 2 other sites that I frequent... one of them is $19.95 for 1 year, the other one has a choice... $20 - 1 year membership... $45 - 3 year membership... or $125 - Lifetime membership...

If you plan on only having annual memberships, I think that $20 - $25 is reasonable...

Venator

imported post

tygereye wrote:
Venator wrote:
jwelters wrote:

I have checked 2 other sites that I frequent... one of them is $19.95 for 1 year, the other one has a choice... $20 - 1 year membership... $45 - 3 year membership... or $125 - Lifetime membership...

If you plan on only having annual memberships, I think that $20 - $25 is reasonable...
I forgot about a life-time membership, see that's why I like all you guys and gals, keeps me honest.

Thanks.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It leaves me thinking, which, if any, are worth supporting financially? I ask myself: What has (organization) done for me? What can (organization) do for me in the future?

For instance, has the NRA done well by me? Or MCRGO? or MGO, or GOA, etc.. All of these offer paid memberships.

Obviously, an organization needs working capital to grow. It's just interesting to think about which, if any, will suit my needs, legislatively or otherwise, now, and in the future.

Also: Sure, money is great, but what about time? How much is that worth? I would much rather (personally) donate time to a cause, as it has much more inherent value. But does it get me a membership?

Venator

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
It leaves me thinking, which, if any, are worth supporting financially? I ask myself: What has (organization) done for me? What can (organization) do for me in the future?

For instance, has the NRA done well by me? Or MCRGO? or MGO, or GOA, etc.. All of these offer paid memberships.

Obviously, an organization needs working capital to grow. It's just interesting to think about which, if any, will suit my needs, legislatively or otherwise, now, and in the future.

Also: Sure, money is great, but what about time? How much is that worth? I would much rather (personally) donate time to a cause, as it has much more inherent value. But does it get me a membership?
With the money you make you could afford two life memberships, in case you die you'll have a back-up. But to answer your questions that's where an honorary membership might come into play.