Thread: Federal cracking down on sales of HST?

Post imported post

I've been hearing troublingrumors that Federal is cracking down on its distributors and dealers regarding their LE only restriction on their HST pistol ammo, is this true?

Has anyone on hear heard definitively if this is the case or not? Say it ain't so, I do not yet have my 1K strategic reserve.

Post imported post

Well, since you can get Federal ammo through wholesaler intermediaries - you don't have to be a Federal "stocking dealer" to sell their stuff - I don't see how any such regulation would be enforceable. We sell Federal ammo (when we can get it, ahem), and they've never talked to us directly for any reason. I'd worry about ramping up production generally and not trying to restrict it if I were in their shoes.

-ljp

Post imported post

That's reassuring. Then why even bother marking it as LE only ammo? I've got about 650 rounds, never had a problem getting them until the recent overall ammo hoarding epidemic, but the recent rumors had mea bit concenred.

Post imported post

They market it as LE ammo because a segment of the buying population will pay more for the ammo that way.