• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wake up Harrisburg!!

bufordtpisser

imported post

The people who run Harrisburg do not care about the citizens of Harrisburg. They have done one stupid thing after another just to get their faces in the news and to cause some type of press worthy controversy. From a mayor that buys things for a museum that was not allowed to open(with tax payers money and then sold the stuff off at pennies on the dollar) to members of council who go to the newspapers to put down elected officials who might have the audacity to disagree with them. So this will just get them more press coverage. They welcome a lawsuit, but since they have no money with which to run the city it is just a ploy to get the NRA involved so that they can say, "Look this big organization wants to bankrupt while we try to protect our citizens". We all know that this is BS. They just want to be the first ones to take this to the courts to prove that little old Harrisburg is mightier than the entire State Of PA.

bufordtpisser

imported post

I believe that it may just be time to have an open carry event in Harrisburg. Maybe if we can show people that those that carry openly and with a LTCF are not the criminals it could go a long way towards educating the public. Anyone who can provide some advice on how to get the ball rolling on this, please PM me so that I can get started. I believe that I may have a location, and I could use some advice on the particulars.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

There will be such a rally, of sorts, at the State Capitol on April 21st at the Second Amendment Second to None get-together. Many of the gun owners attending will be carrying, many of them open carrying. The Capitol Police will have their hands full checking in all the firepower as the attendees enter the building (it's a court facility, also, so firearms check-in is required, and they must provide storage for same).

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

bufordtpisser wrote:
I believe that it may just be time to have an open carry event in Harrisburg. Maybe if we can show people that those that carry openly and with a LTCF are not the criminals it could go a long way towards educating the public. Anyone who can provide some advice on how to get the ball rolling on this, please PM me so that I can get started. I believe that I may have a location, and I could use some advice on the particulars.
Perhaps some modest open carry get togethers in Hburg area from time to time just before key legislative votes and with press in attendence would be useful.