• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th SD OC Meet!

pullnshoot25

imported post

Also, this "personal invite" thing is only to keep away the press, particularly KPBS. By PMing through OCDO and CGN I can verify that you are an active member. Of course, if you want bring friends, relatives, etc, just no close-minded liberal hippies :)

Decoligny

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
PM sent, but I'm only coming if kilts are mandatory and guns are optional.

:D

I don't have a kilt, but I will probably be wearing my assless leather biker chaps.....

:what:

don't worry, I will have jeans on under them. If the weather is good I will probably ride down.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
PM sent, but I'm only coming if kilts are mandatory and guns are optional.

:D

I don't have a kilt, but I will probably be wearing my assless leather biker chaps.....

don't worry, I will have jeans on under them. If the weather is good I will probably ride down.
It was good to meet you last time. I would be happy to drop a $10 in the gas fund for you.

demnogis

imported post

Decoligny wrote:

I'm about 2 minutes from the 5/55 interchange. It would be nice to have another Motorcyclist OCing in the lane ahead. Not sure what route you're taking though.

Decoligny

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

I'm about 2 minutes from the 5/55 interchange. It would be nice to have another Motorcyclist OCing in the lane ahead. Not sure what route you're taking though.

Depends.

Sometimes I take the 15, sometimes the 5.

Will make firmer plans when I know more about when/where.

Old Timer

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
If the weather is good I will probably ride down.
If the weather is at all good I will ride too. Never to old to ride a good motorcycle! :)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Also, this "personal invite" thing is only to keep away the press, particularly KPBS. By PMing through OCDO and CGN I can verify that you are an active member. Of course, if you want bring friends, relatives, etc, just no close-minded liberal hippies :)

If you going to somewhere public I suggest you chose a family friendly place where gun owning families attend, like a park picnic etc., and of course invite the press! Try ot get the LA Times - I can help.

Kids, dogs, babies, etc. and family members at these events are better than roaming in a group where non-gun families will be - that just lets the antis dream up visions of regular people scared even though it never happens - if you have your own people there at the picnic site etc. you control the enviroment.

best also if you can find a public place in an unincorp. area where shooting is not banned by the county - that way, even though most folks might choose to cary unloaded, the police hav no pwoer to detain any one and inspect weapons etc.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Mike wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:

If you going to somewhere public I suggest you chose a family friendly place where gun owning families attend, like a park picnic etc., and of course invite the press! Try ot get the LA Times - I can help.

Kids, dogs, babies, etc. and family members at these events are better than roaming in a group where non-gun families will be - that just lets the antis dream up visions of regular people scared even though it never happens - if you have your own people there at the picnic site etc. you control the enviroment.

best also if you can find a public place in an unincorp. area where shooting is not banned by the county - that way, even though most folks might choose to cary unloaded, the police hav no pwoer to detain any one and inspect weapons etc.

Plus One- on the suggestion of a "family friendly" venue.

Plus One Hundred- on the suggestion of bringing the kids, dogs and other family members. The stereotyped gun owner(themiddleaged, fat, balding goober with the NRA cap and the plaid flannel shirt and camoflage BDUs)must die. I would add that 'protected classes' like women, minorities, gays and lesbians be invited. Perhaps there is a local chapter of the Pink Pistols or a ladies shooting club that could be invited to attend - if not participate.

Plus One- on seeking out a public place in unincorporated territory. This will be another first that has yet to occur. Someone being ordered to comply with a 12031 (e) check where it is not unlawful to possess a loaded firearm.

I'm split on the media- coverage can net some meaningful gains in attracting attention to the cause, even when the coverage is negatively slanted. There are forces that believe that all coverage by media is deteremental to our tenuous grasp on the second amendment here in California. Im not so sure about that.I believe that media has no trouble sniffing us out even when we do not seek them out- so I'm not sure that a policy of 'hiding' our activities from them is beneficial as they may seek out sources for their stories other than actual advocates.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Pretty much, all publicity is good publicity for us. But there are simple things we can do to shape the coverage to ourt benifit. it would be great if folks to watch the ABC Nighline video on the front page of OpenCarry.org - covered a great OC picnic event and will give them ideas on how to put on these events, deal with press, etc.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

Mike wrote:
Pretty much, all publicity is good publicity for us. But there are simple things we can do to shape the coverage to ourt benifit. it would be great if folks to watch the ABC Nighline video on the front page of OpenCarry.org - covered a great OC picnic event and will give them ideas on how to put on these events, deal with press, etc.

which was a great piece. they seemed very pro open carry which is uncommon to have the media pro anything related to firearms.

KylaGWolf

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Mike wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:

Plus One- on the suggestion of a "family friendly" venue.

Plus One Hundred- on the suggestion of bringing the kids, dogs and other family members. The stereotyped gun owner (themiddleaged, fat, balding goober with the NRA cap and the plaid flannel shirt and camoflage BDUs)must die. I would add that 'protected classes' like women, minorities, gays and lesbians be invited. Perhaps there is a local chapter of the Pink Pistols or a ladies shooting club that could be invited to attend - if not participate.
Well I am about the most untypical oc there is. Lets see I am female, and disabled. LOL. But seriously I want to see the typical "male" stereotype shredded and have people see that guns are not this big scary evil thing that some would have them believe.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

KylaGWolf wrote:
Well I am about the most untypical oc there is. Lets see I am female, and disabled. LOL. But seriously I want to see the typical "male" stereotype shredded and have people see that guns are not this big scary evil thing that some would have them believe.
This is exactly it. Its my belief that the OC'rs like you should be most typical. No offense intended, but a ready made victim with TEETH.