• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purdy Liquor Store

kenshin

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Did you get a chance to stop by yesterday, kenshin? Are the signs still up?
Signs are still up. I'm going to stop by again on my way home from work and speak with the store manager if she's available. I would have done so yesterday, but had some urgent business.

Ajetpilot

imported post

I have been searching for the rules (RCW, WAC) that govern State Liquor Stores, contract or otherwise, and haven't come up with anything. There is lots of information regarding bars and restaurants. I've been looking at http://liq.wa.gov/, RCW 66, and WAC 314.

Cananyone cite any rules governing State Stores?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Or.... he didn't actually make it over there yesterday....
Give Mr. Hill a chance, he knows the law. He is the guy I worked with to get the Tacoma stores up to speed. Give hima few more days his territory is wide and he a guy to have on our side.

kenshin

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
j2l3 wrote:
Or.... he didn't actually make it over there yesterday....
Give Mr. Hill a chance, he knows the law. He is the guy I worked with to get the Tacoma stores up to speed. Give hima few more days his territory is wide and he a guy to have on our side.
I spoke with an employee there, the store manager was not in, and she confirmed that Mr. Hill had been there and spoken with the manager. They are planning to post a new sign that is worded differently.

The employee actually showed me the new sign that was going up and I think it's a good compromise. It still says "under 21 not allowed" but now has an exemption for minors attended by their parents. Which is accurate, and helps keep the riffraff out, but still shows that the store is not completely off limits to persons under 21 years of age. I'll take another picture when they post it.

Ajetpilot

imported post

Great news. Thanks, kenshin, for staying on this.

I agree that time is necessary for the changes to take effect. The next concern is the sign that reads, "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE ." I guess we will only know what that means when one of us walks in to purchase something while OC.

I'll drive passed today and see if the new sign is up.

kenshin

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Great news. Thanks, kenshin, for staying on this.

I agree that time is necessary for the changes to take effect. The next concern is the sign that reads, "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE ." I guess we will only know what that means when one of us walks in to purchase something while OC.

I'll drive passed today and see if the new sign is up.
Yea, I thought about talking to them about that today too, but figured one thing at a time. That and they haven't refused to serve me yet and I've OC'd in there plenty of times.

kenshin

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
I stopped in today to get a few things for the Fourth weekend. I didn't get even so much as a second look from customers or staff. That's the way it should be.
They're probably used to seeing me in there. :D

FYI, the Bridgeway Market right next to them is definitely anti. I've been 86'd from there. Told never to come back, with or without gun. :X

Tried calling the manager and left several messages but never got them to call me back.

Ajetpilot

imported post

Strange. I've been in there numerous times, and I've never been questioned. Well, except for the time about six months ago when the young lady behind the counter asked me how old she had to beto carry. She was anxious to get her CPL. I'll make it a point to visit there more often.

BTW, Gentleman Jim's barber shop is very supportive of my carrying in his shop.