• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Information to Print Off

akickinthepants

imported post

Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of pertinent statutes I should print off and carry with me?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I don't believe citations of law are effective against extra-legal charges and harassment. The street is not the place for legal arguments especially when it is so difficult to express oneself while in handcuffs.

Read the threads here on OCDO about citizens' conduct during LEO interactions. "Am I free to go?" "I do not consent to any searches. I will not speak without my attorney present."

Read up on Wisconsin's 'Stop and ID law", even it is not clear.