• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cartel Said to Use 'DEA', 'FBI' Body Armor

Dustin

imported post

You know what that means !

TIME TO BAN THE ARMOR, RIGHT ?

Of course not :cuss:

http://www.military.com/news/article/cartel-said-to-use-dea-fbi-body-armor.html?col=1186032310810&wh=wh
Mexico's Gulf Cartel may have 40 bulletproof vests emblazoned with "FBI" and "DEA" to trick their drug-trafficking rivals, according to a new law enforcement advisory.

Baseball caps and T-shirts with the agencies' names long have been a fad among everyday citizens, but ballistic armor raises the stakes and concerns, officials said.

"It is believed the Gulf Cartel intended to use the vests as a distraction while they were conducting enforcement activities against their victims," reads a message prepared by an FBI intelligence coordinator.

The advisory, which was distributed Monday, comes as Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano plans to travel the border and visit Mexico this week to discuss taking on drug cartels.

The Gulf Cartel is based in Northern Mexico and its reputed former leader, Osiel Cardenas, is jailed in the United States, awaiting trial later this year in Houston.

The advisory was sent to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies for "situational awareness," according to the document. Federal officials could not immediately comment on the credibilty of the source of the information.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman Mike Sanders said that during his nearly 20-year career, he's only heard of a handful of times when criminals imitated agents, but never by wearing vests.

"It is a big concern," he said.

"We know the traffickers wear ballistic vests, there is no doubt about it," he said. "But with them saying FBI or DEA on it; we don't know what they are going to use them for.

"We don't know if they are using them in home invasions on this side (of the border) or will use them on the south side of border to throw off any military or law enforcement action."

The FBI's San Antonio office apparently was the first to receive information that the cartel acquired the equipment in January.

The advisory to law enforcement officers notes that there is no indication the cartel intended to use the vests in the United States.

While impersonating U.S. law enforcement officers would seem unusual in Mexico, drug cartel operatives there long have disguised themselves as Mexican federal agents, police and soldiers to carry out attacks or kidnap rivals.

Erik Vasys, a spokesman for the FBI in San Antonio, said that information shared among law enforcement officers can be misinterpreted by the general public.

"The primary purpose of the intel is always officer safety first," said Vasys, who explained that some of the shared information is raw, or has only partially been validated, at the time it is shared.

He would not discuss specifics about the report on the bulletproof vests.

Legba

imported post

I bet they got those at a Yank gun show as well, with their RPGs.

-ljp

MetalChris

imported post

Legba wrote:

-ljp
We need to close the gun show loophole before any more of these get in the wrong hands! Think of the children!

ufcfanvt

imported post

This whole story is useless anyways.
If anyone didn't think the cartels weren't smart enough to PAINT FBI and DEA on their vests already, they need not be in law enforcement. They certainly don't need to be telling me what I can and can't have to defend myself. Get back on the Short Bus!
Hell, they could have just bought the Velcro swath with POLICE, FBI, etc on them:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/blackhawk-swat-patch.html

JOESEEB

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
This whole story is useless anyways.
If anyone didn't think the cartels weren't smart enough to PAINT FBI and DEA on their vests already, they need not be in law enforcement. They certainly don't need to be telling me what I can and can't have to defend myself. Get back on the Short Bus!
Hell, they could have just bought the Velcro swath with POLICE, FBI, etc on them:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/blackhawk-swat-patch.html

Or maybe just maybe the criminals will break the law and steal them.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_030909WAB-weapons-[highlight= #ffff88]stolen-KC.1d9ee7ca.html

But arn't criminals afraid of the law so they always obey it right?

Chaingun81

imported post

Legba wrote:

-ljp
Yeah, these latest gun shows are just filled with this crap along with fragmentation grenades, surface-to-air missiles and tomahawks, they really need to crack down on these. Maybe if theyban this military gear from the gun shows, there will be space for somereasonably priced ammo again. (end of sarcasm) :banghead:

Enoch Root

imported post

warondrugspost.jpg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8797525979024486145

SavagePx_CallRatiopost.jpg

http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6470
Guns from America are being blamed for arming the drug cartels, but the Mexican government will not release the serial numbers of guns that have been confiscated according to Tom Tancredo in a Larry King Live interview on March 28, 2009. He states the guns are being supplied by the Mexican army.

http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9360
And where do they get them?

The US government is heavily subsidizing the government of the failed state of Mexico..... You can put two and two together, right??

Enoch Root

imported post

Learn about the federal mafia, from men on the inside.....

Sam Giancana and Chuck Giancana

New York Times Bestseller translated into 14 languages
From the St. Valentine's Day Massacre to the JFK Assassination, he ruled the mob… and terrorized a nation.
He began as a hitman for Al Capone in the Roaring Twenties. He rose to undisputed Godfather of the entire Mafia west of the Mississippi. Now, for the first time, the two men who knew him best - his brother and his godson - tell the astonishing story of Sam Giancana, the all-powerful don who opened up Las Vegas and bankrolled many of Hollywood's brightest stars… who befriended celebrities and enjoyed a personal harem of starlets… who forged an unholy alliance with the CIA and had links to seven U.S. presidents… and most shocking of all, who ordered the deaths of John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe… deaths that have remained unsolved… until now.

http://www.theliterarygroup.com/authors/giancana_sam.html

_____
What about the assassination of JFK? Was it the mob or the CIA?
"Mooney leaned forward. 'Look, this is one of the Roman gods. This one has two faces... two sides. That's what we are, the Outfit and the CIA... two sides of the same coin. Sometimes our government can't do shit on the up-and-up. Sometimes they need a little trouble somewhere or maybe they need some bastard taken care of... Jesus, they can't get caught doin' shit like that. What if people found out? But we can. Guns, a hit, muscle... whatever dirty work needs to be done. We're on the same side, we're workin' for the same things... we just look different. So... we're two sides of the same coin... If you think we had Truman... let me tell you... we got this deal sewn up. Ike, all he does is play golf.'"
"'So that's what you like about the guy,' Chuck teased."
"'Shit, he's a pigeon... it's Nixon that's got the power. He's the one with the backing of the big money, like Hughes and the guys in California and the oilmen in Texas... Hump says Nixon's gonna call us if he needs a little hardball behind the scenes.'"
"'From now on you can call me Sam Giancana, civil servant.'"

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Statesman wrote:
Make it a crime to bear the words on your person during the commission of a crime. Surely criminals will obey!
But would they prosecute real LEO's for this when they commit the crime under color of law or worse circumstances?

Pagan

imported post

Great, so now if for some ungodly reason a group a people storming my property with clothing saying FBI or DEA or why not POLICE , what the F*CK am I suppose to do? Won't be long before U.S based gangbangers use this tactic as well!:uhoh:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

This thread along with the Poplawski and Jiverly shooters that wore body armor suggests that the tyrant-wannabes will be banning it for even law abiding citizens. Armor has been prohibited to felons by various states without us raising a cry of injustice. Because we are not felon?

If a felon may properly be disbarred his right to keep and bear arms under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed by sufficiently lowering the bar of 'felony'.