• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The 60 minutes gun show report aired 4-12-09

NLHopkins

imported post

I would also be interested in seeing this or hearing about it's progress.

Tomahawk

imported post

Well, first CBS has to compile some footage and tearful victim interviews from the latest mass shootings in no-gun zones, along with some Brady nonsense, and package it all together to complete their slam piece on us.

nova

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Well, first CBS has to compile some footage and tearful victim interviews from the latest mass shootings in no-gun zones, along with some Brady nonsense, and package it all together to complete their slam piece on us.
:? like how natgeo shows 'reenactments' of a thug in a driveby using an AK...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Don't expect a pro-gun presentation or even a fair, unbiased piece. Talked to several vendors at that show and because of previous experiences, they declined strongly to be interviewed again.

Yata hey

Bulldog1967

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Don't expect a pro-gun presentation or even a fair, unbiased piece. Talked to several vendors at that show and because of previous experiences, they declined strongly to be interviewed again.

Yata hey

That was smart of them.

I'm sure PVC did just fine as always.

Put as a professional filmmaker/editor, I can tell you for a fact I can, through the magic of editing, make whatever you say sound different than what you MEANT.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

What I don't understand and may ask the promoter, is why they were given permission to film in the first place.

I do take pictures at some of the shows. I started doing it when I ran American Long Rifles and still take them from time to time....BUT ALWAYS WITH THE PERMISSION OF THE PROMOTER and with the assurance that it is for PRO GUN purposes.

Letting 60 Minutes in is like allowing the KKK to film at a Martin Luther King memorial.

TFred

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
I was just going to say, we're off to a bad start already...

TFred

Are you surprised? Is it a shock to anyone that shootings are on the rise? The world is in turmoil. Out of all those people stocking up on guns and ammo; are any of us surprised that there is a lunatic fringe out there stocking up to use them?

Don't flame me, but we have only heard one side of the story. Anytime a gun is involved the parties involved are tried and convicted in the media within 24 hours and within that same 24 hours there are calls to take away our guns.

TFred

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
TFred wrote:
I was just going to say, we're off to a bad start already...

TFred
Are you surprised? Is it a shock to anyone that shootings are on the rise? The world is in turmoil. Out of all those people stocking up on guns and ammo; are any of us surprised that there is a lunatic fringe out there stocking up to use them?

Don't flame me, but we have only heard one side of the story. Anytime a gun is involved the parties involved are tried and convicted in the media within 24 hours and within that same 24 hours there are calls to take away our guns.
I was talking about Diane Sawyer being the host of this show. I'm not sure what you're talking about... :?

TFred

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
I was talking about Diane Sawyer being the host of this show. I'm not sure what you're talking about... :?

TFred

I thought you were referring to the rampages.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

20/20 - ABC - is dedicating their show to...

"If I Only Had a Gun" Gun violence in the United States; whether gun owners can actually get to a gun in a crisis situation; the ease with which a gun can be purchased; gun violence as seen through the eyes of a child; the attraction of young people to guns.

Friday, 4/10 at10PM EDT

Here it comes, folks.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

This post has gotten off track. OP asked about 60 Minutes program which airs Sunday @ 1900. In stead of hijacking a thread please start a new one for different things.:exclaim:Discussion of 20/20 program should have been a different thread IMHO.

Sorry for the rant.

RedKnightt

imported post

Here's a prequel article on ABC.com:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7297745&page=1

and for entertainment purposes only, here's the Fark.com thread discussing it:
icon_smile_big.gif

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4319737