• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, How's That 90-Day Approval Working For You?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Are all of you getting approved within your 90-day window?

You know you are within your rights to serve them with a default letter. Are any of you doing it?

Imagine what will happen if you play all nicey-nice, and let them walk all over you, wait 120 days, or more, and they come back with some deficiency that causes you to wait, even longer? Won't you feel like a chump then, when you could have solved the matter, up front, with a default letter?

They're breaking the rules, the very rules they created and force you to play by.

Don't be a wimp and hurt fellow gun owners by keeping silent. Stand up for yourselves. If you won't stand up for yourselves by filing a default letter, will anyone ever think you gun owners will stand up to serious governmental transgressions?

Scroll down a few posts. A draft letter is already written.

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

It's been a month and they still have not cashed my check. There is no reason getting a firearm permit should take so long, with all of this wonderful technology we have in the USA.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
It's been a month and they still have not cashed my check. There is no reason getting a firearm permit should take so long, with all of this wonderful technology we have in the USA.
Just remember, the date of check cashing is absolutely meaningless.

The date of receipt is all that matters under the law. If it's over a month, your file is now complete, and they can't ask you for any further information.

sprat

imported post

don't follow the OP's advise just wait it will come, forcing bureaucrats gets you know where

besides the OP will not answer the questions he has been asked on this site and others So where in Florida do you live (smoking) and which law school did you attend

he won't answer either question

sprat

smoking357

Banned
imported post

sprat wrote:
don't follow the OP's advise just wait it will come, forcing bureaucrats gets you know where

besides the OP will not answer the questions he has been asked on this site and others So where in Florida do you live  (smoking) and which law school did you attend

he won't answer either question

sprat

If the government won't adhere to its own laws, let's get that fact out in the open, so the citizens can take the next steps.

Why are you so interested in my personal details? What sort of grudge are you carrying for being so comprehensively eviscerated? Further, how is my address and my law school germane to the question, which I have briefed in full in these and other pages? If you have quarrel with my argument and gun rights, show the polemic fortitude to fight the matter, straightway. These irrelevant feints are keeping you on the retreat.

Just because I dropped you here on and that other forum of Communists hard and like a bad habit, does not justify you coming here and depriving posters of their rights and attacking gun rights with your lies. Truth is the currency here. Take your lies back to that forum of traitors where you enemies of freedom can talk about how open carry worries you and where you discuss ridiculous and meaningless topics such as "date of check cashing," "Wal-Mart walks," and "printing."

Are you a charter member of the Brady Campaign?

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

If your talking about a carry permit, is Fl a "shall-issue" or "may-issue" state? Here in hawaii, we are a may-issue state, thats how the local PD gets away with not issuing any permits. We are trying to get that changed here.

fridaddy

imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
So Fl is just seriously draggin' their feet.
No just paranoid reactionary increase in applications due to the election. I really believe they are doing everything they can to comply with the law, just too little too late.

keymo

imported post

Submitted application, received by Licensing on 20 Jan 2009.

Issued permit on 13 April 2009 (just a few days shy of 90).

Of course it took until the 20th to show up in the mail, but I agree with the OP and want costs to be kept to a minimim

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
Just a heads up....you Florida folks may have to start doing more 'default' filings here pretty soon.

If DOACS spent the $6 million hiring processors and getting permits timely processed, there wouldn't be cash lying about.

The truth is that DOACS was hoarding it and was going to use it for its own purposes which they would strain to call "permit related." I don't like agencies having private funds. All monies should be deposited in the Treasury, and agencies should get their budgets allocated by the Legislature.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:
Just a heads up....you Florida folks may have to start doing more 'default' filings here pretty soon.

If DOACS spent the $6 million hiring processors and getting permits timely processed, there wouldn't be cash lying about.

The truth is that DOACS was hoarding it and was going to use it for its own purposes which they would strain to call "permit related." I don't like agencies having private funds. All monies should be deposited in the Treasury, and agencies should get their budgets allocated by the Legislature.
Depositing all monies into the treasury is what caused the problems with the Social Security System. Did you know that that started out as a separate fund of it's own from the general treasury. Had it remained a separate fund the SSS wouldn't be broke today.

David59

imported post

Sent on 1/23/09, cashed check on 2/27/09 and received license today. Thank you Florida for giving me opportunity to get this license. Maybe one day Illinois will have the same rights as you guys have. (license issued 5/04/09)

Fred

imported post

Sent my stuff in on the 2/27/09 called 5/14/09.

They said the application was recieved but not processed. :cuss:

Getting mighty close to the 90 day window. :uhoh: I would rather get the real thing then sending in a default letter. If you send in a default letter do you get a license issued or is the letter all you get?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Fred wrote:
Sent my stuff in on the 2/27/09 called 5/14/09.

They said the application was recieved but not processed. :cuss:

Getting mighty close to the 90 day window. :uhoh: I would rather get the real thing then sending in a default letter. If you send in a default letter do you get a license issued or is the letter all you get?
Once they receive the default letter, you're active. At a point later, your plastic license comes in the mail.

Sending the default letter is the cost of Certified Mail or FedEx. Carrying on a default permit is a personal decision, as cops do not understand the law and do not like those who do. If you have concerns about carrying on a default permit, contact fridaddy, a poster here who is a Florida attorney. First, though, review all his posts here on the subject.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Fred wrote:
Wow, thanks for the info really appreciate it!!
I see you also post to the Kentucky forum. If you're in Kentucky, do not carry on a Florida default permit. That's too much of a tangle for KY to sort out. Just carry openly there, which is what I would do here if we didn't have this silly permit requirement that makes us pay to exercise our rights.

Fred

imported post

I don't think I would carry in Florida let alone kentuckywith a default letter. I just recently started open carrying in Kentucky. At least were I live everyone is very at ease with it. Doesn't hurt to have a CCW though