Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW Lunch 4/19/09 2:00pm

Post imported post

Ok, not a lot of traffic in the other long thread about meets in general so I thought I would start a new one here.

We are trying to put together a lunch on April 19th 2009, 2:00pm at Cornelius Pass Road House (A McMenamins Resturant) just off Hwy 26 west of Portland. This is in Hillsboro which has no loaded weapons restrictions. I have OCd in there a lot and never had a problem. I plan to try and reserve a side room they have there (if we can get enough interest) or maybe the "attic" which is pretty cool too.

Interested? Line up and let me know.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

I cannot make the 19th I could however be in town for dinner (maybe), along with my wife and children, on the 23rd.

LOL! This goes back to the problem the other thread had about making a get together.

Post imported post

I'm in!:celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My wife and I will be there. Maybe with a kid or two.

...Who eats lunch at 2PM?

Ken

Post imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
    My wife and I will be there. Maybe with a kid or two.

...Who eats lunch at 2PM?

Ken
    Someone who wants a spot at the resturant after the church rush. It's more a gathering than a lunch.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

I just need to wait for our work schedules to know if we can make it.

Post imported post

Come on folks, I know there are more out there within a reasonable distance here?

-adamsesq

Post imported post

i would like to go but i have to talk with my wife and see if we can afford it. but if we can ill be there!

edited: ok i talked with my wife and we will be there with both our kids. unless somthing happens between now and then.
    Ad maiorem Dei gloriam Ducimus Doctrinas bello aptare n umbra, igitur, pugnabimus Citius, altius, fortius Pro patria Semper paratus Semper fidelis. Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Post imported post

Count me in as well.

Post imported post

I should be able to make it also.

I'm finally getting some strength back in my right arm after having fractured it badly.

Here is what it looked like a few days after the accident:

Post imported post

that is a narly lookin!!!! I hope your recovery is going well. If you dont mind me asking how did it happen (or link)? im a noob so i havnt heard any thing about you injury. both my wife and i are looking forward to meeting eveyone
    Ad maiorem Dei gloriam Ducimus Doctrinas bello aptare n umbra, igitur, pugnabimus Citius, altius, fortius Pro patria Semper paratus Semper fidelis. Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Post imported post

JOESEEB wrote:
    that is a narly lookin!!!! I hope your recovery is going well. If you dont mind me asking how did it happen (or link)?
    I was simply careless while doing some yard work outside my house, and fell to the ground. I put my right arm out to break the fall, and the impact fractured my humerus proximal to the shoulder. The fracture was compacted some, and the humerus itself also cracked.

It was amazing to contrast my emergency room x-ray with the one my doc did on Monday this week. The visible crack in the humerus is gone, and the big gap at the top is also all filled in now with new bone. The human body really is an amazing thing.

The bone's alignment is now off a few degrees, but my doctor says that is OK, and should not be a problem. Anyway, folks can now call me "Crooked Arm", if they like.

Thank goodness, though, I am now finally out of wearing that awful immobilizer. My arm is now so incredibly weak and stiff, though. But I am now getting physical therapy, so hopefully that will be improving soon too.

I'm sure I'll be feeling even better by the 19th.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just letting everyone know that Cornelius pass will be closed from Hwy 30 to German Town road on the 19th for maintenance if anyone was coming from that direction.

Ken

Post imported post

I'm in... This will be my first time OC'ing...

Post imported post

The more the merrier I aways say.

Post imported post

I thought I might get to attend, but I have a memorial service in Albany. I had hoped...alas, maybe next time.

Post imported post

Well im sorry to do this but I wont be able to make it after all. maybe next time!!

Post imported post

I've got them reserved for 15-20 so don't you all back out on us now!

ETA: Just got the confirmation call from McMenanins. We are all set and have the "upstairs" area. Come in the main doors and go slightly left to the stairs. See you all around 2:00.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

Come on guys - lets add to some numbers and meet some new people. Hoping to have some laminated wallet cards for all who attend.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

Greetings from Eugene;

Am UNable to attend but want to encourage those who ARE to DO just that....get out and meet. Attended an early dinner meet here in Eugene and enjoyed it so much. Would love to be able to get out of town and meet some of you others and will do that as soon as the dust settles a bit around my house. Wonderful to know there are so many like minded people around. Let's keep it alive and growing.

"Doc"

Post imported post

A great time was had by all. What happened to the couple of you that said you would be here and then no showed? We had 8 in attendance (including a couple ofOC virgins) and hada nice area upstairs all to ourselves. Obviously that didn't attract much attention.

BUT - we did go outside after eating and stand around talking for another hour or so. Is there something about 8 guys (and one lady) standing in a circle just outside the door with guns in plain view? As soon as I can get the picture off my phone I'll post it up here. While standing outside we got quite a bit of attention. Only one or two negative looks, a lot of second takes and one guy came up to astraflyer and asked "You guys just exercising your rights?" When astraflyer told him "yes" they guy shook his hand and said "good job." We had one older gentleman that looked back so many times he almost tripped over his wife at his side - I was hoping he didn't have a coronary right there. A couple of kids kept leaving their table and sneaking peeks at us around the corner through bushes.

All in all a good time. I'm sorry I printed the wrong version of the flyers guys - but you can print your on from the thread here. Trim down those wallet cards and you'll always have statute references handy. THANKS for coming!

-adamsesq

Post imported post

Sorry I missed it but it was more important for the wifey side of the family to be at the memorial service than me OC and meet new friends. I can't wait to see pictures!

Post imported post

I wish I could have broken away, but alas.. I look forward to the next Eugene area meet as well. As weather gets nicer I will be able to travel to other areas (I ride a motorcycle..)

Rev. Jim

Post imported post

JBURGII wrote:
    I wish I could have broken away, but alas.. I look forward to the next Eugene area meet as well. As weather gets nicer I will be able to travel to other areas (I ride a motorcycle..)

Rev. Jim
    That is a shame Jim, you could have parked it next to my Harley.

I had a very good time meeting all who showed up, it's nice to put a name and face to the screen names.
    Just after Mr. Adams left, Mike and I were still yackin' away when a guy approached us, asking why we were carrying and if we were worried about being hassled by the cops and all, I think Mike and I gave a good explanation, and I had a extra lamitated card, and I gave it too him. Then he started to tel us about his firearms and that he was thinking of getting his CHP and all, I think we parted company with a new friend.

And of couse, I asked him to drop in here too.

I guess I am just a bit more used to gettin' staired at, being 6'2", 290 and a Harley rider, believe me when I tell you I get all kinds of looks, some good, some not so good, you get used to it after a wile.:quirky

Can't wait for the next meet.

Post imported post

*sigh, as the Aussies say Im way "down under" , down here in Ashland so lunch 300 miles away is out, but one day you guys will meet the guy who post all those odd ball tails of self defense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast