• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NW Lunch 4/19/09 2:00pm

adamsesq

imported post

Ok, not a lot of traffic in the other long thread about meets in general so I thought I would start a new one here.

We are trying to put together a lunch on April 19th 2009, 2:00pm at Cornelius Pass Road House (A McMenamins Resturant) just off Hwy 26 west of Portland. This is in Hillsboro which has no loaded weapons restrictions. I have OCd in there a lot and never had a problem. I plan to try and reserve a side room they have there (if we can get enough interest) or maybe the "attic" which is pretty cool too.

Interested? Line up and let me know.

-adamsesq

Jenshubby

imported post

I cannot make the 19th :( I could however be in town for dinner (maybe), along with my wife and children, on the 23rd.

LOL! This goes back to the problem the other thread had about making a get together.

adamsesq

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
My wife and I will be there. Maybe with a kid or two.

...Who eats lunch at 2PM? :lol:

Ken

Someone who wants a spot at the resturant after the church rush. It's more a gathering than a lunch.

-adamsesq

JOESEEB

imported post

i would like to go but i have to talk with my wife and see if we can afford it. but if we can ill be there!

edited: ok i talked with my wife and we will be there with both our kids. unless somthing happens between now and then.

LanceOregon

imported post

I should be able to make it also.

I'm finally getting some strength back in my right arm after having fractured it badly.

Here is what it looked like a few days after the accident:

shoulder.jpg

JOESEEB

imported post

that is a narly lookin!!!! I hope your recovery is going well. If you dont mind me asking how did it happen (or link)? im a noob so i havnt heard any thing about you injury. both my wife and i are looking forward to meeting eveyone

LanceOregon

imported post

JOESEEB wrote:
that is a narly lookin!!!! I hope your recovery is going well. If you dont mind me asking how did it happen (or link)?
I was simply careless while doing some yard work outside my house, and fell to the ground. I put my right arm out to break the fall, and the impact fractured my humerus proximal to the shoulder. The fracture was compacted some, and the humerus itself also cracked.

It was amazing to contrast my emergency room x-ray with the one my doc did on Monday this week. The visible crack in the humerus is gone, and the big gap at the top is also all filled in now with new bone. The human body really is an amazing thing.

The bone's alignment is now off a few degrees, but my doctor says that is OK, and should not be a problem. Anyway, folks can now call me "Crooked Arm", if they like. :lol:

Thank goodness, though, I am now finally out of wearing that awful immobilizer. My arm is now so incredibly weak and stiff, though. But I am now getting physical therapy, so hopefully that will be improving soon too.

I'm sure I'll be feeling even better by the 19th.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just letting everyone know that Cornelius pass will be closed from Hwy 30 to German Town road on the 19th for maintenance if anyone was coming from that direction.

Ken

adamsesq

imported post

I've got them reserved for 15-20 so don't you all back out on us now!

ETA: Just got the confirmation call from McMenanins. We are all set and have the "upstairs" area. Come in the main doors and go slightly left to the stairs. See you all around 2:00.

-adamsesq

adamsesq

imported post

Come on guys - lets add to some numbers and meet some new people. Hoping to have some laminated wallet cards for all who attend.

-adamsesq

docs9788

imported post

Greetings from Eugene;

Am UNable to attend but want to encourage those who ARE to DO just that....get out and meet. Attended an early dinner meet here in Eugene and enjoyed it so much. Would love to be able to get out of town and meet some of you others and will do that as soon as the dust settles a bit around my house. :) Wonderful to know there are so many like minded people around. Let's keep it alive and growing.

"Doc"