• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Mission Statement

uskrusader

imported post

The latest version: (by G.B)

The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots
organization devoted to advocating rights delineated by the
Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of
Connecticut. We are dedicated to defending the inalienable right of
all people to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and
state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our Constitutional
rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success
of this nation, and that the right to self defense, and the tools to
actualize that defense, are fundamental and inalienable.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

uskrusader wrote:
'inalienable'is used twice...should that be mod'd?
The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots
organization devoted to advocating rights delineated by the
Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of
Connecticut. We are dedicated to defending the inalienable right of
all people to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and
state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our Constitutional
rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success
of this nation, and that the right to self defense, and the tools to
actualize that defense, are fundamental and inalienable.

I t just doesnt read well using the same word twice

bennettprescott

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I like Scott's suggestion of "affirmed":

The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are dedicated to defending the inalienable right of all people to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our Constitutional rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and that the right to self defense, and the tools to actualize that defense, are fundamental and inarguable.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

bennettprescott wrote:
I like Scott's suggestion of "affirmed":

The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are dedicated to defending the inalienable right of all people to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our Constitutional rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and that the right to self defense, and the tools to actualize that defense, are fundamental and inarguable.
Two thumbs up Bennett great first post out here!!!!

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

romma wrote:
Code:
This is where the gloves come off!
As we work towards the same mission...

Together in harmony.. Everybody: Kumbya!!

NowI got that stuck in my head. This is why we should have kept the emails going so that we dont get songs stuck in our head out here,,,,LOL

romma

imported post

As it stands now, Until other drafts from anyone that wants to contribute, I like the last draft, and that's my feeling...

Justin may throw his hat in on this tonight, so we shall see. You folks are good and open minded, and it is a privilege to work with you all...

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
See If he will sell it for a few dollars, and get it in a contract so we dont get sued in the future. Also please email it to me

Thanks
I think that since he will be getting a lot of business from us (hopefully) that he wont be losing any money in the future on that design. He would still be able to use different states in the design, just not Connecticut with the gun. Who else would really need that design printed anyway?

GoldCoaster

imported post

To all: I really like the way the mission statement is developing. It has gone from being quite wordy to a distilled version saying what we need saying yet not limiting us from saying other things later. It's like a well made espresso now. small, strong and satisfying.

As for the shirts, I want my shirt, I want to wear it to my company picnic this summer (they have stuff in their employee handbook about not having guns on the property) but it won't cover images of guns on tee shirts.

romma

imported post

Code:
As for the shirts, I want my shirt, I want to wear it to my company picnic this summer (they have stuff in their employee handbook about not having guns on the property) but it won't cover images of guns on tee shirts.

No, but bynext years picnic, you'll have new handbooks out to cover "Assault T-Shirts"...

Protector

imported post

I think Bennett's mission statement works quite well. The only change I would make is "We are dedicated toprotecting (defend) the inalienable right of all people to keep and bear arms,". Only because we use defend a few times already in the context of personal/state defense. I think we want to protect our rights, but defend ourselves. Just my .02¢.