Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Is The Hard-Core Gun Crowd In Florida?

Banned

Post imported post

I'm looking for the real gun crowd, the take-no-ship, 10th Amendment, Constitutionalist, open-carry, survivalist types I find back in Kentucky, Tennessee, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, etc.

I'm not looking for city-boys who only want a gun so they can stick it down their pants and walk around Wal-Mart while they wear their wife's underwear in what has to be the gayest firearm practice I've ever heard of.

I'm not finding that hard-core gun element in Central-to-South Florida. If this crowd exists that far South, I haven't seen them or their stores.

Do the folks I'm seeking even exist in Florida? I guess you can't "head for the hills" if there are no hills.

How about Jax, Tally, the Panhandle?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    I'm looking for the real gun crowd, the take-no-ship, 10th Amendment, Constitutionalist, open-carry, survivalist types I find back in Kentucky, Tennessee, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, etc.

I'm not looking for city-boys who only want a gun so they can stick it down their pants and walk around Wal-Mart while they wear their wife's underwear in what has to be the gayest firearm practice I've ever heard of.

I'm not finding that hard-core gun element in Central-to-South Florida. If this crowd exists that far South, I haven't seen them or their stores.

Do the folks I'm seeking even exist in Florida? I guess you can't "head for the hills" if there are no hills.

Open carry (OC) is not legal in Florida so it is not likely that you would "see" anyone so inclined.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:

I'm not looking for city-boys who only want a gun so they can stick it down their pants and walk around Wal-Mart while they wear their wife's underwear in what has to be the gayest firearm practice I've ever heard of...
    Open carry (OC) is not legal in Florida so it is not likely that you would "see" anyone so inclined...
    Yep, Florida has essentially no state constitutional right to keep and bear arms any more - all Floridians are left with is privileges granted by their masters.

Besides, a privilege to CC is much better!

I suggest you pose your question to these groups, as they might be able to hook you up, or help you form such a group:

http://www.nrawol.net/links.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My wife and I will be moving down from NH soon (next month). Not looking forward to HAVING to conceal, plus I don't have a FL permit, so with the 60 day+ backlog, I may just be forced to temporarily choose between being unarmed or becoming a criminal.

Anyway, since my purpose for OC is dual purpose (to protect myself and to educate), I might just have some t-shirts printed up. Though I must conceal my weapon from view, I don't think I'm required to conceal my weapon from "awareness", right?

Can I wear a shirt saying I'm armed?

Banned

Post imported post

Dtimf343 wrote:
    My wife and I will be moving down from NH soon (next month). Not looking forward to HAVING to conceal, plus I don't have a FL permit, so with the 60 day+ backlog, I may just be forced to temporarily choose between being unarmed or becoming a criminal.

Anyway, since my purpose for OC is dual purpose (to protect myself and to educate), I might just have some t-shirts printed up. Though I must conceal my weapon from view, I don't think I'm required to conceal my weapon from "awareness", right?

Dude, you rule.

Great f-ing idea. Let's crank up RKBA advocacy and awareness.

Careful, though, the pretend RKBA friends at floridaconcealedcarry.com will contact their politicians and cops and complain about you. They're not into firearm rights; they're only into having their hall passes so they can feel "special" and walk through Wal-Mart with a gun in their panties.

Stay in NH. It's cleaner, nicer and feels more like America. Long term, you'll be happier there. Florida feels like Southern New York with all the accents. Some people have guns, but they don't get so far into it as to make Bubby feel uncomfortable.

Here are some draft slogans:

The Law Says My Gun Has to Be Concealed
    I'd Rather Carry Openly

The Gun I'm Carrying is only Concealed
    Because the Law Says It Has To Be

My Gun is Concealed Under Protest
    opencarry.org

Does My Conealed Firearm Make You Uncomfortable?

Can You Spot My Concealed Firearm?

Post imported post

I'll buy 2 if under $15.00 each

Any of these slogans would work......

Just don't make them pink.....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Looks like someone had this idea for Texas:

http://www.zazzle.com/texas_conceale...74956335065349

You can customize the T-Shirt to whatever you want, or make your own from scratch.

There is a comment saying that (at least in Texas) wearing this shirt would result in you being charged with failing to conceal.

Post imported post

You could purchase one of these shirts too.

http://www.coated.com/duck-huntin-t-shirt/
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Smoking,

Check out everglades city. There are some interesting characters there.

South end of the Gunshine State, Florida, USA

Post imported post

Smoking357 I've read a large number of your posts and I agree with a lot of what you have to say. There are however acouple items of interest I would like to address. One you do not list where you are located. It's not a big deal just an observation. It has little bearing on your platitudes but still a significant one. Folks on here have labeled you as a troll but I welcome a good discussion, emphasis on good.You do make you points in averycondescending way. Your enthusiasm is very commendable as all of us should be reaching for that ultimate goal of being able to carry any way we wish as long as we are responsible and respectful to all those around us. We don't not have a "constitutional right" to not beoffended. It would be agreat asset to us all touse your energy in a more positive manner to educate all folks in what we all strive to do. That includes folks on these forums and their ideas. I for one have learned a lot of very useful information from people andlinks to state statutes. I have gone to other states and open carried and like the fact that I could carry that way. Obviously we are limited in ways to carry in other places due to the "anti's" passing laws. But I believe with you energy and enthusiasm we all could get something going in Florida. It was said in the past "United we stand divided we fall". I for one will supporta righteousidea as long as it is legal. We have a a duty to elect people to government which upholds the laws or is willing to introduce and follow through withthose bills. That's a whole other issue though. <rant off> I commend you for your efforts but I also remember what mama used to say. "It's not what you say it's how you say it" and that is the the key to opening people's ears, minds and hearts. Keep up the effort but also walk softly and carry a bigstick.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:

have you been to wal-mart lately?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Banned

Post imported post

Eagle Eye wrote:
    I commend you for your efforts but I also remember what mama used to say. "It's not what you say it's how you say it"
    Outside of jovial banter, I've never agreed with that.

For words that matter, It's always what you say.

While Momma is great, women listen in tones.

Post imported post

Eagle Eye wrote:
    Smoking357 I've read a large number of your posts and I agree with a lot of what you have to say. There are however acouple items of interest I would like to address...
    One suggestion - paragraphs.

Banned

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    Eagle Eye wrote:
    Smoking357 I've read a large number of your posts and I agree with a lot of what you have to say. There are however acouple items of interest I would like to address...
    Indeed, you are correct, but if they bemoan condescension in my laconic informational nuggets, they'll plead high complaint if my prose becomes yet more formal. You, obviously, are cut from finer cloth.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    BB62 wrote:
    Eagle Eye wrote:
    Indeed, you are correct, but if they bemoan condescension in my laconic informational nuggets, they'll plead high complaint if my prose becomes yet more formal. You, obviously, are cut from finer cloth.
    It is less to do with that in which we cloak ourselves and more pertaining to the quality of our humble musings.

So speak up brother, don't mumble.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

He still won't tell you where in Florida he lives, this guy is a clown he has been banned from other sites, watch who you suck up to and be very leary of his advise

he has been asked on other sites as to his residence and still refuses to answer, he is a fraud

enough said

sprat

Banned

Post imported post

sprat wrote:
    He still won't tell you where in Florida he lives, this guy is a clown he has been banned from other sites, watch who you suck up to and be very leary of his advise

he has been asked on other sites as to his residence and still refuses to answer, he is a fraud

enough said

sprat
    Learn how to spell, Sarah.

Why do you anti-gunners waste your time spreading disinformation here? No, thanks, Sarah. I'll choose Freedom, Liberty, and the Second Amendment, and I'll continue to defend gun rights, despite the lies of your anti-gun front
    group.

Sprat goes 'splat'...again.

Post imported post

sprat wrote:

enough said

sprat
    I'm not going to tell you where I live either. Am I a fraud as well?

While I don't agree with everything he says, I find his "kick in the ass" rhetoric to stir people from complacency to be commendable.

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:

What is bringing you down here? Other than not being arctic, I can't imagine Florida being a better place to live than NH.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Asking myself the same question, the more I read and research

Looks like my wife wants to go back to Nevada after all, so Florida gets put on hold for now.

Post imported post

timf343.... you know, if you spent a bit more time researching and not complaining you would find that Floridaoffers their CCW permit to anyone, regardless of where you live. Of course, you would have to qualify. Is thatthe problem for you?

If you are really as concerned as you say over maybe having to wait for your permit you would apply for it now and then the most you would have to do when you arrived would be to request a change of address.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

OK thanks for the advice.

Post imported post

BangBang wrote:
    timf343.... you know, if you spent a bit more time researching and not complaining you would find that Floridaoffers their CCW permit to anyone, regardless of where you live. Of course, you would have to qualify. Is thatthe problem for you?

If you are really as concerned as you say over maybe having to wait for your permit you would apply for it now and then the most you would have to do when you arrived would be to request a change of address.

If they ever get around to processing the app and sending the license. Luckily, I got mine years ago, way before any of this rush started.
    When I visited Washington a few months ago, I applied for CPL there. It took 20 minutes, in person. No training requirements, no photographs, just fill out a one page application, and get fingerprinted. Two weeks later, I had my WA CPL in my mailbox, here in Florida.
    The only measurable advantage Florida's CCW has over other Shall-Issue states is the reciprocity. No one can argue that one.

tim- Have you considered WA?

Post imported post

We are here, however because of the current laws and the overall climate of leftist agenda i.e. the media. I personally stay somewhat quiet. There is no point in arguing with idiots, or trained victems. We are here and we support you and all that are like minded. Stay free! This country is the love of my life and it is because of people like us that it still is.MILITIA!!!!! TRUE AMERICIANS will fight and die to keep America free for our children and future generations. We are here ,We are strong, But we are not loud enough!!!!!!!!!!! SPEAK LOUDLY AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

there are plenty of us. more than you think. just remember that to survive you must first seek cover.....in a firefight or a political battle. never show all of your assets untill necissary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast