• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Is The Hard-Core Gun Crowd In Florida?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

I'm looking for the real gun crowd, the take-no-ship, 10th Amendment, Constitutionalist, open-carry, survivalist types I find back in Kentucky, Tennessee, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, etc.

I'm not looking for city-boys who only want a gun so they can stick it down their pants and walk around Wal-Mart while they wear their wife's underwear in what has to be the gayest firearm practice I've ever heard of.

I'm not finding that hard-core gun element in Central-to-South Florida. If this crowd exists that far South, I haven't seen them or their stores.

Do the folks I'm seeking even exist in Florida? I guess you can't "head for the hills" if there are no hills.

How about Jax, Tally, the Panhandle?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
I'm looking for the real gun crowd, the take-no-ship, 10th Amendment, Constitutionalist, open-carry, survivalist types I find back in Kentucky, Tennessee, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, etc.

I'm not looking for city-boys who only want a gun so they can stick it down their pants and walk around Wal-Mart while they wear their wife's underwear in what has to be the gayest firearm practice I've ever heard of.

I'm not finding that hard-core gun element in Central-to-South Florida. If this crowd exists that far South, I haven't seen them or their stores.

Do the folks I'm seeking even exist in Florida? I guess you can't "head for the hills" if there are no hills.

Open carry (OC) is not legal in Florida so it is not likely that you would "see" anyone so inclined.

Yata hey

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

I'm not looking for city-boys who only want a gun so they can stick it down their pants and walk around Wal-Mart while they wear their wife's underwear in what has to be the gayest firearm practice I've ever heard of...
Open carry (OC) is not legal in Florida so it is not likely that you would "see" anyone so inclined...
Yep, Florida has essentially no state constitutional right to keep and bear arms any more - all Floridians are left with is privileges granted by their masters.

Besides, a privilege to CC is much better!

I suggest you pose your question to these groups, as they might be able to hook you up, or help you form such a group:

http://www.nrawol.net/links.html

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife and I will be moving down from NH soon (next month). Not looking forward to HAVING to conceal, plus I don't have a FL permit, so with the 60 day+ backlog, I may just be forced to temporarily choose between being unarmed or becoming a criminal.

Anyway, since my purpose for OC is dual purpose (to protect myself and to educate), I might just have some t-shirts printed up. Though I must conceal my weapon from view, I don't think I'm required to conceal my weapon from "awareness", right?

Can I wear a shirt saying I'm armed?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dtimf343 wrote:
My wife and I will be moving down from NH soon (next month). Not looking forward to HAVING to conceal, plus I don't have a FL permit, so with the 60 day+ backlog, I may just be forced to temporarily choose between being unarmed or becoming a criminal.

Anyway, since my purpose for OC is dual purpose (to protect myself and to educate), I might just have some t-shirts printed up. Though I must conceal my weapon from view, I don't think I'm required to conceal my weapon from "awareness", right?

Dude, you rule.

Great f-ing idea. Let's crank up RKBA advocacy and awareness.

Careful, though, the pretend RKBA friends at floridaconcealedcarry.com will contact their politicians and cops and complain about you. They're not into firearm rights; they're only into having their hall passes so they can feel "special" and walk through Wal-Mart with a gun in their panties.

Stay in NH. It's cleaner, nicer and feels more like America. Long term, you'll be happier there. Florida feels like Southern New York with all the accents. Some people have guns, but they don't get so far into it as to make Bubby feel uncomfortable.

Here are some draft slogans:

[align=center]The Law Says My Gun Has to Be Concealed
I'd Rather Carry Openly

The Gun I'm Carrying is only Concealed
Because the Law Says It Has To Be

My Gun is Concealed Under Protest
opencarry.org

Does My Conealed Firearm Make You Uncomfortable?

Can You Spot My Concealed Firearm?

[align=left]
[/align][/align]

fridaddy

imported post

Smoking,

Check out everglades city. There are some interesting characters there.

Eagle Eye

South end of the Gunshine State, Florida, USA
imported post

Smoking357 I've read a large number of your posts and I agree with a lot of what you have to say. There are however acouple items of interest I would like to address. One you do not list where you are located. It's not a big deal just an observation. It has little bearing on your platitudes but still a significant one. Folks on here have labeled you as a troll but I welcome a good discussion, emphasis on good.You do make you points in averycondescending way. Your enthusiasm is very commendable as all of us should be reaching for that ultimate goal of being able to carry any way we wish as long as we are responsible and respectful to all those around us. We don't not have a "constitutional right" to not beoffended. It would be agreat asset to us all touse your energy in a more positive manner to educate all folks in what we all strive to do. That includes folks on these forums and their ideas. I for one have learned a lot of very useful information from people andlinks to state statutes. I have gone to other states and open carried and like the fact that I could carry that way. Obviously we are limited in ways to carry in other places due to the "anti's" passing laws. But I believe with you energy and enthusiasm we all could get something going in Florida. It was said in the past "United we stand divided we fall". I for one will supporta righteousidea as long as it is legal. We have a a duty to elect people to government which upholds the laws or is willing to introduce and follow through withthose bills. That's a whole other issue though. <rant off> I commend you for your efforts but I also remember what mama used to say. "It's not what you say it's how you say it" and that is the the key to opening people's ears, minds and hearts. Keep up the effort but also walk softly and carry a bigstick.

hammer6

imported post

smoking357 wrote:

have you been to wal-mart lately?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Eagle Eye wrote:
I commend you for your efforts but I also remember what mama used to say. "It's not what you say it's how you say it"
Outside of jovial banter, I've never agreed with that.

For words that matter, It's always what you say.

While Momma is great, women listen in tones.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Eagle Eye wrote:
Smoking357 I've read a large number of your posts and I agree with a lot of what you have to say. There are however acouple items of interest I would like to address...
One suggestion - paragraphs.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

BB62 wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:
Smoking357 I've read a large number of your posts and I agree with a lot of what you have to say. There are however acouple items of interest I would like to address...
Indeed, you are correct, but if they bemoan condescension in my laconic informational nuggets, they'll plead high complaint if my prose becomes yet more formal. You, obviously, are cut from finer cloth.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:
Indeed, you are correct, but if they bemoan condescension in my laconic informational nuggets, they'll plead high complaint if my prose becomes yet more formal. You, obviously, are cut from finer cloth.
It is less to do with that in which we cloak ourselves and more pertaining to the quality of our humble musings.

So speak up brother, don't mumble. :)

Yata hey

sprat

imported post

He still won't tell you where in Florida he lives, this guy is a clown he has been banned from other sites, watch who you suck up to and be very leary of his advise

he has been asked on other sites as to his residence and still refuses to answer, he is a fraud

enough said

sprat

smoking357

Banned
imported post

sprat wrote:
He still won't tell you where in Florida he lives, this guy is a clown he has been banned from other sites, watch who you suck up to and be very leary of his advise

he has been asked on other sites as to his residence and still refuses to answer, he is a fraud

enough said

sprat

Learn how to spell, Sarah.

Why do you anti-gunners waste your time spreading disinformation here? No, thanks, Sarah. I'll choose Freedom, Liberty, and the Second Amendment, and I'll continue to defend gun rights, despite the lies of your anti-gun front
group.

Sprat goes 'splat'...again.

starbuck

imported post

sprat wrote:

enough said

sprat

I'm not going to tell you where I live either. Am I a fraud as well?

While I don't agree with everything he says, I find his "kick in the ass" rhetoric to stir people from complacency to be commendable.

starbuck

imported post

timf343 wrote:

What is bringing you down here? Other than not being arctic, I can't imagine Florida being a better place to live than NH.