• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Is The Hard-Core Gun Crowd In Florida?

BangBang

imported post

timf343.... you know, if you spent a bit more time researching and not complaining you would find that Floridaoffers their CCW permit to anyone, regardless of where you live. Of course, you would have to qualify. Is thatthe problem for you?

If you are really as concerned as you say over maybe having to wait for your permit you would apply for it now and then the most you would have to do when you arrived would be to request a change of address.

starbuck

imported post

BangBang wrote:
timf343.... you know, if you spent a bit more time researching and not complaining you would find that Floridaoffers their CCW permit to anyone, regardless of where you live. Of course, you would have to qualify. Is thatthe problem for you?

If you are really as concerned as you say over maybe having to wait for your permit you would apply for it now and then the most you would have to do when you arrived would be to request a change of address.
If they ever get around to processing the app and sending the license. Luckily, I got mine years ago, way before any of this rush started.
When I visited Washington a few months ago, I applied for CPL there. It took 20 minutes, in person. No training requirements, no photographs, just fill out a one page application, and get fingerprinted. Two weeks later, I had my WA CPL in my mailbox, here in Florida.
The only measurable advantage Florida's CCW has over other Shall-Issue states is the reciprocity. No one can argue that one.

tim- Have you considered WA?

brian james

imported post

We are here, however because of the current laws and the overall climate of leftist agenda i.e. the media. I personally stay somewhat quiet. There is no point in arguing with idiots, or trained victems. We are here and we support you and all that are like minded. Stay free! This country is the love of my life and it is because of people like us that it still is.MILITIA!!!!! TRUE AMERICIANS will fight and die to keep America free for our children and future generations. We are here ,We are strong, But we are not loud enough!!!!!!!!!!! SPEAK LOUDLY AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!

brian james

imported post

there are plenty of us. more than you think. just remember that to survive you must first seek cover.....in a firefight or a political battle. never show all of your assets untill necissary

onetuza

imported post

I for one believe there should be no gun laws, that's right, no gun laws. I believe in the Constitution.

2ndamend.jpg

What part of "shall not be infringed." is confusing??

I am surprised at such little interest or leadership in Florida regarding Open Carry.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

onetuza wrote:
I for one believe there should be no gun laws, that's right, no gun laws. I believe in the Constitution.

2ndamend.jpg

What part of "shall not be infringed." is confusing??

I am surprised at such little interest or leadership in Florida regarding Open Carry.
So was I. I've been cogitating upon this matter for many months, now, and I've discovered that its' reducible to this: Floridian gun owners are cut from that rightish cloth that is absolutely enamoured with governmental authority. Think Sean Hannity. They hold governmental authority in higher regard than their own Liberty, believing that "law and order" is somehow desirable.

Floridians aren't taught down here that government is never to be trusted and that it needs to be put in its place, from time to time, by freemen. Floridians are taught to obey authority, not sneer at it.

Such foundational obedient beliefs do not produce a population that stands up and demands that government quit intruding into areas it doesn't belong. Florida gun owners would likely despise anyone who filed a suit against the government seeking to restore OC. Their mentality is bizarre and self-defeating.

ADulay

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
I'm looking for the real gun crowd, the take-no-ship, 10th Amendment, Constitutionalist, open-carry, survivalist types I find back in Kentucky, Tennessee, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, etc.

Well, with the original posting date of "April 1st" I'm finding that this thread can only be some sort of bait to suck in unsuspecting readers like myself. :cool:

I'm thinking that the romantic notion of the survilvalist is merely a picture in somebody's mind and the REAL "survivalists" are quitely living their lives, PREPARED for the worst, but dealing with daily life sort of incognito.

Me? Of course I believe I'm prepared and I can point to many others that I see on a daily basis who wouldn't warrant a second look, that are doing more than wandering around Wal-Mart with a pocket gun.

There are times for display and times for discretion. Although I carry every day and would appreciate the ability to open carry, it just isn't going to happen in Florida partly because it appears to be written into the coding of the Concealed Weapons laws. Sad but true. Kind of a trade off of sorts.

With that said, I'll continue to read the various threads here, try not to get sucked into too many inane conversations and help out where I can (Ohio and Penna forums haveseveralhelpful messages to and from me).

Hang in there and when it all falls apart, I think you'll be surprised who comes out of the woodwork to be a "survivalist".

AD (I used to be somebody, now I'm just another retired guy)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The uncompromising are leaving... as soon as we can scrape enough together in the midst of the endless extortions of this state...