Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC event in Oak Harbor?

Post imported post

Due to recent events, I think it would be appropraite to have an OC event in Oak Harbor.....any takers?

Post imported post

I'm up for it but can't make weekends. Weekdays or nights and I should be there.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

I could do it on a Sunday.

Post imported post

Sundays are ideal for me, followed by Saturday.

Post imported post

Ok....sunday the 5thit is (sorry Gene Beasley....we are not going to get many people during the week) 1100 at the Island Cafe....any objections?

Post imported post

Ok....sunday the 5thit is (sorry Gene Beasley....we are not going to get many people during the week) 1100 at the Island Cafe....any objections?

Post imported post

I'll be there, making a day ride out of it. Nice weather I hope. Who do I talk to for that?

Post imported post

I'm up for it, what day. NavyLt did you mention Sunday?
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

I'll have to catch up with you guys this summer I'll be moving out there in July it will be nice to be back in WA again I've had about all I can take of the east coast.

Post imported post

aktion, where are you riding from, I would gladly join you....weather permitting.

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    aktion, where are you riding from, I would gladly join you....weather permitting.
    I'll probably be on my motorcycle as well, planning on the 9:30 ferry from Mukilteo...

Post imported post

Maybe you should invite your new officer and chief friends?

-adamsesq

Post imported post

What is the address of the Island Cafe where this encounter happened? I Googled "Island Cafe Oak Harbor, WA and got multiple hits.

MD

Post imported post

Riding from Ballard, Seattle, but heading back by way of Port Townsend ferry. Yeah, already made reservations. I'll be catching the 130pm sailing to visit family in South Kitsap/North Pierce County area in the evening. If the weather is good, I may take the 101 down the west shore of the Hood Canal. Are you traveling up Kitsap Peninsula, sempercarry?

911Boss, I'll be on the 930am from Mukilteo as well, riding a blue Kawasaki KLR650 dual sport. In a full size rabbit costume. Popping wheelies. Heh. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    The forecast calls for sunny and 60. We all know that's a sure thing around here, so let's ride!

State Researcher

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    http://www.islandcafefamilydining.com/

I notice the link to the map on their website points to a wrong location on yahoo or google maps. Manually enter their address to find it. It's on SR 20 across the street from the AM/PM convenience store, where Pot Belly Deli used to be.
    Awww Pot Belly Deli closed? That was a good place to eat. NICE sandwiches.

Don't think I can make this one. No car, and taking the bus from Oly to the ferry, then the ferry, then all the way up the Island, and then back is a bit much for me to want to deal with.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    http://www.islandcafefamilydining.com/

I notice the link to the map on their website points to a wrong location on yahoo or google maps. Manually enter their address to find it. It's on SR 20 across the street from the AM/PM convenience store, where Pot Belly Deli used to be.
    Awww Pot Belly Deli closed? That was a good place to eat. NICE sandwiches.

Don't think I can make this one. No car, and taking the bus from Oly to the ferry, then the ferry, then all the way up the Island, and then back is a bit much for me to want to deal with.
    Well, yano... if I was your ride from, say, Lynnwood P&R, I would then kinda have to attend, due to an obligation to be your transportation. *grin*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Count me in!
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

aktion wrote:
    Riding from Ballard, Seattle, but heading back by way of Port Townsend ferry. Yeah, already made reservations. I'll be catching the 130pm sailing to visit family in South Kitsap/North Pierce County area in the evening. If the weather is good, I may take the 101 down the west shore of the Hood Canal. Are you traveling up Kitsap Peninsula, sempercarry?

911Boss, I'll be on the 930am from Mukilteo as well, riding a blue Kawasaki KLR650 dual sport. In a full size rabbit costume. Popping wheelies. Heh. I'll keep an eye out for you.
    Not sure which bike I will be on, either a blue Kawi Concours or a red Kawi Eliminator. Gotta love head of the line service for motorcycles...

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Invited some "friends" :->

Chief Wallace,

Just as a matter of courtesy I am informing you of a luncheon that 6 to 8
    members of Open Carry Dot Org have planned at 11:00am at Island Café on
    April 5th. Members of OCDO will be in lawful possession of firearms. We
    have express permission from the management of Island Café to meet at their
    establishment AND to be in possession of our firearms on their property. We
    will also have spouses, children and friends with us.

You or any member of your department are welcome to join us to discuss
    firearms rights, law, self defense, etc.

Thank you for your attention,
    Very Respectfully,
    John Havercroft
    Nice. Really nice. Let's just hope he doesn't try and do something to derail it.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    His reply:

I have passed your message on to the appropriate members to the department.

Thanks.
    Anybody want to bet that we get a "drive by"?
    Drive by heck. It would be nice for them to come in, sit down and "let's" (I can't get that far away on time) have a friendly chat about our perspectives and views.

And as you figured out I am TOTALLY serious, not sarcastic at all. I think you did great.

-adamsesq

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Wouldn't it be a hoot if one of them did decide to join us, not in uniform, and a repeat of Tuesday's encounter happened again! :-)
    It would be even better if one of them joined in 'in uniform' and turned out to be just a regular guy.

Post imported post

And look at that, it IS an excellent day for a ride! I'll see everyone in a couple hours.

Post imported post

Gathering went off without a hitch!

I took my motorcycle and the ride was great. I always enjoy cruising on Whidbey Island. Could have been a little warmer (was low 50's until about 1230), but it was dry. First time I have had the bike out since mid-November, and it ran beautifully, even on 4-month old gas. The first group of deer startled me, was on a back road under the tree canopy and in the shade. A doe with two older fawns in tow. The driver ahead of me obviously didn't see them, I noticed some movement and watched as they meandered back into the woods.

Saw at least 3 Bald Eagles soaring and a big hawk of some sort perched on a telephone pole. Too bad I didn't have a camera. There were three of us on bikes (my Connie, a KLR-Aktion, and a V-Max-Sempercarry) and about 11 people total, several of us openly carrying holstered firearms. No long guns - I thought about slinging the AR over my back but I am afraid of what would happen if I had to "Put her down...".

We enjoyed a nice lunch in a packed café. Got a few stares, but for the most part folks were unaware or unconcerned, just like it should be.

Post imported post

Was a great time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast