• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC event in Oak Harbor?

sempercarry

imported post

Due to recent events, I think it would be appropraite to have an OC event in Oak Harbor.....any takers?

sempercarry

imported post

Ok....sunday the 5thit is (sorry Gene Beasley....we are not going to get many people during the week) 1100 at the Island Cafe....any objections?

sempercarry

imported post

Ok....sunday the 5thit is (sorry Gene Beasley....we are not going to get many people during the week) 1100 at the Island Cafe....any objections?

jbone

imported post

I'm up for it, what day. NavyLt did you mention Sunday?

Sea_Chicken

imported post

I'll have to catch up with you guys this summer I'll be moving out there in July it will be nice to be back in WA again I've had about all I can take of the east coast.

sempercarry

imported post

aktion, where are you riding from, I would gladly join you....weather permitting.

aktion

imported post

Riding from Ballard, Seattle, but heading back by way of Port Townsend ferry. Yeah, already made reservations. I'll be catching the 130pm sailing to visit family in South Kitsap/North Pierce County area in the evening. If the weather is good, I may take the 101 down the west shore of the Hood Canal. Are you traveling up Kitsap Peninsula, sempercarry?

911Boss, I'll be on the 930am from Mukilteo as well, riding a blue Kawasaki KLR650 dual sport. In a full size rabbit costume. Popping wheelies. Heh. I'll keep an eye out for you.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
http://www.islandcafefamilydining.com/

I notice the link to the map on their website points to a wrong location on yahoo or google maps. Manually enter their address to find it. It's on SR 20 across the street from the AM/PM convenience store, where Pot Belly Deli used to be.
Awww Pot Belly Deli closed? That was a good place to eat. NICE sandwiches.

Don't think I can make this one. No car, and taking the bus from Oly to the ferry, then the ferry, then all the way up the Island, and then back is a bit much for me to want to deal with.

just_a_car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
http://www.islandcafefamilydining.com/

I notice the link to the map on their website points to a wrong location on yahoo or google maps. Manually enter their address to find it. It's on SR 20 across the street from the AM/PM convenience store, where Pot Belly Deli used to be.
Awww Pot Belly Deli closed? That was a good place to eat. NICE sandwiches.

Don't think I can make this one. No car, and taking the bus from Oly to the ferry, then the ferry, then all the way up the Island, and then back is a bit much for me to want to deal with.
Well, yano... if I was your ride from, say, Lynnwood P&R, I would then kinda have to attend, due to an obligation to be your transportation. *grin*

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

aktion wrote:
Riding from Ballard, Seattle, but heading back by way of Port Townsend ferry. Yeah, already made reservations. I'll be catching the 130pm sailing to visit family in South Kitsap/North Pierce County area in the evening. If the weather is good, I may take the 101 down the west shore of the Hood Canal. Are you traveling up Kitsap Peninsula, sempercarry?

911Boss, I'll be on the 930am from Mukilteo as well, riding a blue Kawasaki KLR650 dual sport. In a full size rabbit costume. Popping wheelies. Heh. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Not sure which bike I will be on, either a blue Kawi Concours or a red Kawi Eliminator. Gotta love head of the line service for motorcycles...

adamsesq

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Invited some "friends" :->

Chief Wallace,

Just as a matter of courtesy I am informing you of a luncheon that 6 to 8
members of Open Carry Dot Org have planned at 11:00am at Island Café on
April 5th. Members of OCDO will be in lawful possession of firearms. We
have express permission from the management of Island Café to meet at their
establishment AND to be in possession of our firearms on their property. We
will also have spouses, children and friends with us.

You or any member of your department are welcome to join us to discuss
firearms rights, law, self defense, etc.

Thank you for your attention,
Very Respectfully,
John Havercroft

Nice. Really nice. Let's just hope he doesn't try and do something to derail it.

-adamsesq