• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC event in Oak Harbor?

adamsesq

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
His reply:

I have passed your message on to the appropriate members to the department.

Thanks.
Anybody want to bet that we get a "drive by"?

Drive by heck. It would be nice for them to come in, sit down and "let's" (I can't get that far away on time) have a friendly chat about our perspectives and views.

And as you figured out I am TOTALLY serious, not sarcastic at all. I think you did great.

-adamsesq

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Wouldn't it be a hoot if one of them did decide to join us, not in uniform, and a repeat of Tuesday's encounter happened again! :)
It would be even better if one of them joined in 'in uniform' and turned out to be just a regular guy.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Gathering went off without a hitch!

I took my motorcycle and the ride was great. I always enjoy cruising on Whidbey Island. Could have been a little warmer (was low 50's until about 1230), but it was dry. First time I have had the bike out since mid-November, and it ran beautifully, even on 4-month old gas. The first group of deer startled me, was on a back road under the tree canopy and in the shade. A doe with two older fawns in tow. The driver ahead of me obviously didn't see them, I noticed some movement and watched as they meandered back into the woods.

Saw at least 3 Bald Eagles soaring and a big hawk of some sort perched on a telephone pole. Too bad I didn't have a camera. There were three of us on bikes (my Connie, a KLR-Aktion, and a V-Max-Sempercarry) and about 11 people total, several of us openly carrying holstered firearms. No long guns - I thought about slinging the AR over my back but I am afraid of what would happen if I had to "Put her down...".

We enjoyed a nice lunch in a packed café. Got a few stares, but for the most part folks were unaware or unconcerned, just like it should be.

Machoduck

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Thank you, everyone, for coming out and making this a very enjoyable event! Especially those that came from the far reaches of civilization to attend :)
We're glad to support those who are taking arrows for the rest of us. We're doubly glad to support those who come so far south to support us in our area. Speaking of which, are these "far reaches" you're thinking of Covington or Tacoma?

MD