• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something i saw that was disturbing

impulse

imported post

ThugLifePineappleExpress.jpg

chiefjason

imported post

Dear Valkyrie,

Thank you so much for all the hard work you are doing to decrees the negative stereotypes of all law abiding gun owners. We do not know where we would be without you.

Sincerely,

law abiding gun owner

:banghead: What a stupid marketing ploy.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Speaking of stereotypes, lets get a few more guys in here to act like elitist snobs to make sure everyone knows what gun owners are like!!

some Americans think a term like "Thug Life" is neat. Being free to make money by marketing to them is every American's right. Get over yourselves, guys.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Not to mention that all guns* are beautiful.

*except Glocks

:lol::lol:Amen

I don't really see anything wrong with it. It's most likely to be purchased by this guy...

thug_life.jpg

On a more serious note, there are plenty of respectable, and even well-off,black people that still enjoy dressing thug and would probably like to have something like that. Stereotypical? Yea, probably. Nothing wrong with it though.

KBCraig

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
On a more serious note, there are plenty of respectable, and even well-off,black people that still enjoy dressing thug and would probably like to have something like that. Stereotypical? Yea, probably. Nothing wrong with it though.
On that same, other, hand, I know plenty of respectable, well-off, white people who enjoy dressing redneck, and probably like to have a rebel flag engraved on theirs. Nothing wrong with that, either.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

i just see a problem with the fact that guns are not taken seriously anymore. people think its cool to treat guns like toys nowadays. honestly i just think it is a joke. not the haha kind.

Photo: Oleg Volk

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

if you do not see a problem with it, then you dont care about people negatively stereotyping gun owners as only gangsters and crazy rednecks who are a part of the KKK. if you search on that site, they also have one that says get r done.

so if you dont see a problem with the stereotypes, then dont care. but if you want to see anything positive come out of the 2a movement, you should be upset.

of course they have the right to market it, and make it, but they will not get any business from me. i was going to purchase a few items until i saw that, i just closed that site.

edit: heres the link
http://www.valkyrietactical.com/servlet/the-74/VT-Ejection-Port-Cover/Detail

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
if you do not see a problem with it, then you dont care about people negatively stereotyping gun owners as only gangsters and crazy rednecks who are a part of the KKK. if you search on that site, they also have one that says get r done.

so if you dont see a problem with the stereotypes, then dont care. but if you want to see anything positive come out of the 2a movement, you should be upset.

of course they have the right to market it, and make it, but they will not get any business from me. i was going to purchase a few items until i saw that, i just closed that site.

edit: heres the link
http://www.valkyrietactical.com/servlet/the-74/VT-Ejection-Port-Cover/Detail

http://blog.crazydogtshirts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thug-life-full.gif

I guess now they're setting a negative stereotype for t-shirt owners, too. Right?

To each their own. If you don't believe in that, then America's the wrong country for you. And do me a favor? Don't tell others when they should be upset about something. That's just plain rude.