• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawyers

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I recently received my SD CCP; I also recently moved from an eastern state where guns are basically taboo for "regular" people...I think that SD's CC and OC laws are refreshingly reasonable, but, I am always concerned that the police are not as knowledgeable of carry laws as they should be. Does anyone have a recommendation for a RC lawyer(s) that has experience with self-defense and carry issues? Just in case...Thanks!

TheFuzz

imported post

Don't stress it. You're in a state where everyone is not retarded about gun laws. This is a big hunting state and we (to include the po-lice) enjoy the rights and privileges of easily granted CCW permits and pragmatic open carry laws.