• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What other CHP's do you have?

Riana

imported post

At some point I'll probably get a New Hampshire permit - either a non-resident while I'm living here (unless they magically decide to honor the VA permit) or a resident one after I move up there. Of course, I can't carry for a good chunk of the drive from here to there (MD, NY, CT, and MA), but once I'm past the MA border, I'd be good to go. :cool:

virginiatuck

imported post

Riana wrote:
At some point I'll probably get a New Hampshire permit - either a non-resident while I'm living here (unless they magically decide to honor the VA permit) or a resident one after I move up there. Of course, I can't carry for a good chunk of the drive from here to there (MD, NY, CT, and MA), but once I'm past the MA border, I'd be good to go. :cool:
I applied for a non-resident NH license in mid-February. State law says permits shall be issued within 14 days (I don't have the link handy, just search NH online laws for it). They haven't even cashed the check yet. I called the NH State Police after 3 weeks and they said it was taking up to 8 weeks to process applications.

I will call them again if it passes 8 weeks. I posted this topic to the NH forum in March:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum37/23046.html

They will have no good reason to deny my application. I suspect that there's a very high, national demand for NH licenses just as there is for ammo and glocks.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Took mine 7 weeks. I didn't see where they had a restriction of 14 days, but either way I didn't really care, I applied with no trip planned in the foreseeable future.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance...i only have VA CHP and it seems to me that it already gives me reciprocy in most reasonable shall issue states. I noticed that a lot of people get UtahandFlorida - which states each of them adds in addition to what VA permit gives?
Check reciprocity for all states at:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

Someone who has more spare time than I have should come up with a little program or something that takes in a person's state of residence, and spits out the minimum list of other state's permits that grants them access in all states which currently allow concealed carry.

:)

TFred

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

TFred wrote:
Someone who has more spare time than I have should come up with a little program or something that takes in a person's state of residence, and spits out the minimum list of other state's permits that grants them access in all states which currently allow concealed carry.

TFred
They have.. an interactive MAP.. right here: http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred
They have.. an interactive MAP.. right here: http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php
I was going to post that earlier but I couldn't get the page to load. I like that map because it allows you to "add together" the states from all your permits.

TFred

imported post

nova wrote:
ed wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred
I was going to post that earlier but I couldn't get the page to load. I like that map because it allows you to "add together" the states from all your permits.
I've seen that page before, but yeah it won't load for me right now either.

But that's not what I'm saying... I was suggesting someone write a tool that takes all the reciprocity information into account, takes your state as input, and then runs through all the possible combinations, and then provides you with the fewest (or perhaps cheapest) number of permits required to cover all states that do allow concealed carry. Basically, it would brute force all the trial and error required using that site to obtain the information.

There are not likely any suckers, I mean enterprising individuals, who would take the time to develop this tool, but that's the idea. :)

TFred

Riana

imported post

TFred wrote:
There are not likely any suckers, I mean enterprising individuals, who would take the time to develop this tool, but that's the idea. :)

TFred
Yep, that's our TFred... subtle... like a Mack truck. :p

virginiatuck

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
Riana wrote:
I applied for a non-resident NH license in mid-February. State law says permits shall be issued within 14 days (I don't have the link handy, just search NH online laws for it). They haven't even cashed the check yet. I called the NH State Police after 3 weeks and they said it was taking up to 8 weeks to process applications.

I will call them again if it passes 8 weeks. I posted this topic to the NH forum in March:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum37/23046.html

They will have no good reason to deny my application. I suspect that there's a very high, national demand for NH licenses just as there is for ammo and glocks.
Just to be thorough, here's the NH law regarding "license to carry."
Title XII, Chapter 159, Section 159:6

Excerpt regarding the 14 day limit:
The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made.
That's all... don't want to hijack the thread or anything... :)