• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox Figures Out Mexico Gun Hoax

Dom

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/02/myth-percent-guns-mexico-fraction-number-claimed/

There's just one problem with the 90 percent "statistic" and it's a big one: It's just not true.

In fact, it's not even close.

By all accounts, it's probably around 17 percent. What's true, an ATF spokeswoman told FOXNews.com, in a clarification of the statistic used by her own agency's assistant director, "is that over 90 percent of the traced firearms originate from the U.S."
Hopefully Van Susteren and O'Reilly can stop spouting the 90% figure as well. I couldn't find a similar article on the CNN or MSNBC websites for some reason.

Dustin

imported post

Maybe someone there read this;

http://www.gunnewsdaily.com/rw807.html

Wow just got finish reading the whole thing. I've NEVER seen that kind of talk on FAUX news. Ever.

SNIP >>
The exaggeration of United States "responsibility" for the lawlessness in Mexico extends even beyond the "90-percent" falsehood -- and some Second Amendment activists believe it's designed to promote more restrictive gun-control laws in the U.S.

In a remarkable claim, Auturo Sarukhan, the Mexican ambassador to the U.S., said Mexico seizes 2,000 guns a day from the United States -- 730,000 a year. That's a far cry from the official statistic from the Mexican attorney general's office, which says Mexico seized 29,000 weapons in all of 2007 and 2008.

Chris Cox, spokesman for the National Rifle Association, blames the media and anti-gun politicians in the U.S. for misrepresenting where Mexican weapons come from.

"Reporter after politician after news anchor just disregards the truth on this," Cox said. "The numbers are intentionally used to weaken the Second Amendment."

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I don't think I'm the only one who wrote to FOX... Van Susternen and Rivera about the propagation of this lie. Even the local FOX Channel 11. 'Lets hope the principles of this false dissemination publicly recant their utterances.

Of course the antis will dismiss this out of hand... and the fact it's comin' from FOX (Faux, as they like to call it) They will continue to gulp the Kool-Aide 'n rely on MSLSD and the Commie News Network... or the post menopausal chatterings of the View and Oprah.

GWbiker

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I don't think I'm the only one who wrote to FOX... Van Susternen and Rivera about the propagation of this lie. Even the local FOX Channel 11. 'Lets hope the principles of this false dissemination publicly recant their utterances.

Of course the antis will dismiss this out of hand... and the fact it's comin' from FOX (Faux, as they like to call it) They will continue to gulp the Kool-Aide 'n rely on MSLSD and the Commie News Network... or the post menopausal chatterings of the View and Oprah.
This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time a Federal or state government will use out right lies to deceit the general public.

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.” - Joseph Goebbels.

grishnav

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time a Federal or state government will use out right lies to deceit the general public.
Yep, for an earlier example, see: marijuana prohibition.

Bonus conclusion: how successful have we been at reversing that?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Auturo Sarukhan, the Mexican ambassador to the U.S., said Mexico seizes 2,000 guns a day from the United States

That's 83 guns an hour. If the cartels were smugglin' guns from the US 'n losin' 83 an hour... at oh... low side $900 ea for an 'AW'. That's a loss of $75K a day. Multiply that by 365... $27,375,000.00 per year 'loss'... plus the transport and transporter. no company is gonna entertain that sort of loss.

Sarukhan is blowin' smoke up somebody's skirts. Nobody vetted this info with any sort of serious intel. Do they think the southern Mexican border drops off the planet? Most of these idiots dunno geography anyway... mo' better to blame America. Show's ya how little the talkin' heads that spew this nonsense even pause to 'think'. Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion.

'Course Hillary blathered on about the same... but that's no surprise. Anything this administration says or does is immediately suspect. They lie... period. All of 'em. BATF lies... no surprises there. BATF should change their title to JBT... ATF should be a convienience store.

Enoch Root

imported post

This seems like a perfect place to point out this is not the first time the government and MSM have colluded to lie to the American public.

It's hard to convince yourself such evil exists; and even harder to admit that much of what you believe may be a huge hoax you have fallen for.

You seem ready to accept there's a conspiracy to divest the American patriots of their weapons and ammunition. Is ittoo hard to fathom this conspiracy is larger and more ominous than you've yet realized?

Accept for the moment that:

1.) The people in the US federalgovernment lie, TO YOU.

2.) The people in the MSM repeat, support and disseminate these lies, TO YOU.

3.) This is not the first time they've worked in concert to lie, TO YOU.

The next step is where I and others often fail. For though 'you can lead a man to ponder, you can't make him think'. The next step you must take on your own andit is a tall one. No one can make it for you, though I offer my hand in assistance.....

The MSM colluding with theUS government to lie to we the people:

This ain't the first time......

Thanks for keeping secrets MSM. Love, David Rockefeller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7K8iQAReXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGW5St9vo0

I merely offer the evidence, evidence which is backed by reason and science. You do the math.....

Newton's Second Law of Motion

SecondLaw.png

http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8160

Don't be fooled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9jW_8ZCUmg

funny-pictures-of-dogs-cat-bomb.jpg

A bomb you say?

wtc-anglecut2-400post.jpg

pic87970.jpg

SettingCuttingCharges.jpg

Indeed, it took more than one.....

:exclaim:

"But how does this all relate to our gun rights, Enoch?"

I'll tell you.

These lies are made WITH INTENT.

Study that INTENT, for in it you'll find motive.

Method, opportunity and motive.

These are the three pillars of criminal investigation.

The men who lie to you do so with a motive. That motive should be becoming clear for even the most stalwart defenders of the status quo. The reason they want your guns is not to make you safer, it's to render you defenseless in the face of their PLANNED tyranny.

I suggest you catch up on the Security And Prosperity Partnership, North American Union, to understand how these un-American interests are planning to dominate you and your children's existences:

http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2629

Now understand that the events of 9/11 were a catalyst used to start a reaction.

A means to an end.

America has been lied to so many times, for so long, she now has trouble discerning the truth.

Take your time, it will come to you.

Do you see what I see?

KBCraig

imported post

I really hope people will stop thinking of Fox News as the "conservative alternative". They haven't been conservative since they started hiring talent from other networks (like O'Reilly in '96, Geraldo in '01, Greta in '02).

Please stop thinking the comparison is "liberal" versus "conservative". It's not: both ends of the spectrum are statists, and the real divide is freedom vs. statism.

"Left" versus "Right" and "Liberal" versus "Conservative" are false dichotomies. One may be as socially conservative as Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney (I am!), yet fervently opposed to their big-government solutions (I am!)

Stop thinking on the two-dimensional scale. Start adding the factor of small-government freedom, versus big-government statism. Check out the World's Smallest Political Quiz. Do so with an open mind, answering the questions honestly rather than how you think the author might want you to respond, or with the goal of having a certain outcome.

Liberty is a wonderful thing. You have to lose lots of old labels to pursue Liberty.

Dom

thx997303

imported post

Why is it that whenever someone say the government lied, all the 9/11 conspiracy guys jump out of the wood work.

Look, the so called evidence doesn't stand up.

And either way, IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER!

It distracts people from things that are a whole lot more important.

Learn from the past and move forward.

Tawnos

imported post

Enoch Root wrote:
Crazy rantings

You know, in the Quicksilver Trilogy and Cryptonomicon, Enoch Root was someone of sound mind and wise thought. His responses were always well thought, and he influenced people through logical means, not angry rants implying some deep conspiracy (well, apart from being a part of a conspiracy himself).

You're pretty much the polar opposite of your namesake. Is that intentional and meant as irony?

Dustin

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Auturo Sarukhan, the Mexican ambassador to the U.S., said Mexico seizes 2,000 guns a day from the United States

That's 83 guns an hour. If the cartels were smugglin' guns from the US 'n losin' 83 an hour... at oh... low side $900 ea for an 'AW'. That's a loss of $75K a day. Multiply that by 365... $27,375,000.00 per year 'loss'... plus the transport and transporter. no company is gonna entertain that sort of loss.

Did you not read the rest ?
In a remarkable claim, Auturo Sarukhan, the Mexican ambassador to the U.S., said Mexico seizes 2,000 guns a day from the United States -- 730,000 a year. That's a far cry from the official statistic from the Mexican attorney general's office, which says Mexico seized 29,000 weapons in all of 2007 and 2008.

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

But Tom Diaz, senior policy analyst at the Violence Policy Center, called the "90 percent" issue a red herring and said that it should not detract from the effort to stop gun trafficking into Mexico.

"Let's do what we can with what we know," he said. "We know that one hell of a lot of firearms come from the United States because our gun market is wide open."
I call bullshit on this A--hole's comment.

KansasMustang

imported post

As I sit watching, waiting patiently, cleaning my weapons and chanting the Hari-Krishna (not really) I'm a Christian. I watch for the lights in the tower. One if by land... It will happen, and by the grace of God, we won't have to use the force of arms,,,but I think we all know different. Just me sayin' it.
Keep your powder dry !

GWbiker

imported post

Those tales of military grade weaponry being smuggled from the US into Mexico is silently going away. The public doesn't seem to be willing to accept the flawed numbers.

Following this horrible slaughter in Binghamton on Friday, the Brady Bunch has a new war cry -- banning or restricted sales of hand guns in the US.

I'm googling a list of important individuals who actively support gun control. I should have it this weekend. It's large list.

Enoch Root

imported post

Dom,

The reason I ignored your prior debunking is that you refused to think.

You merely dragged some non-truther website onto the porch and declared victory.

The Laws of Motion do not lie, Dom.

Our communication satellites rely on gravity & inertia to remain in orbit.

Sturdy them, study the WTC collapse(s), and you will see the truth.

Anyone will.

_____

As to your comment,
Tawnos:

[align=right]Joined:
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2009 01:48 am

Enoch Root wrote:
Crazy rantings

You know, in the Quicksilver Trilogy and Cryptonomicon, Enoch Root was someone of sound mind and wise thought. His responses were always well thought, and he influenced people through logical means, not angry rants implying some deep conspiracy (well, apart from being a part of a conspiracy himself).

You're pretty much the polar opposite of your namesake. Is that intentional and meant as irony?[/align]
First, you misquoted me. Or you spoke for me, I should clarify.

Never judge a book by it's cover.

That means read it, then comment.

You didn't do the math or study the evidence thoroughly, and it shows, Tawnos.

What part of mathematics and the laws of physicsdo you find illogical?

And what specific part of my above post do you find 'angry'? Please be very specific.

:D

(This is where and when you use the quote function, btw.)

_____

I'm not here picking a fuss with you guys.

It's funny how defensive people get over their preconceptions.

I used to be like that over 9/ 11. Shouting people down, trying to silence them.

Finally their 'rantings' got me perturbed enough to open my eyes, focus my attention and study the evidence. I merely show you what I found, and I have science on my side. The non-truthers don't. This is why they refuse to do the math, it speaks the truth they wish to hide.

Freedom, out.

Dom

imported post

You merely dragged some non-truther website onto the porch and declared victory.
Not that it will make any difference to you, but I didn't plagiarize any website.
Those are my own words and my own calculations and they're based on the very laws you say back up your point. Like you said the laws of motion do not lie, so there you have them. Please describe the mistakes in my calculations rather than accuse me of plagiarism.

Tawnos

imported post

Enoch Root wrote:
Finally their 'rantings' got me perturbed enough to open my eyes, focus my attention and study the evidence. I merely show you what I found, and I have science on my side. The non-truthers don't. This is why they refuse to do the math, it speaks the truth they wish to hide.
*phew* You're just trolling. For a second you had me going, thinking someone on this site had gone full retard. The "truther" term was a nice way to get yourself out - like someone who is trolling Christians to refer to himself as a bible thumper.

That, and the blatant ignore of Dom's post.

I'm going to give your troll a 9/10. If you'd dropped the truther line after one or two more posts you'd have gotten the 10, or if you'd been more blatant and somehow pulled me.