• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EBR availiabilty

Chaingun81

imported post

I was checking out different Evil Black Rifles online and started to wonder what would be the cheapest you can realistically get in gun storesright now around here. I'm looking for pretty much any AR-15/M-16/M-4 clone. I dont care if it's backordered with somewhat reasonable waiting period (lets say 3-4 months). What is still avaliable out there and what would be the cheapest i can get it for? Reply from anyone who works in local gun stores (Longwatch, maybe you) would be a great help! Thanks!

wylde007

imported post

A few Carolina online dealers had some for around $800... but they sold out in a blink.

You'll probably be looking at least $1000, unless you buy some CAI or Kel-tec P.O.S.

Marco

imported post

GAW and VAA had AR's in stock as of yesterday.
GAW had several AK's on consignment.

Gander Mtn in Fredericksburg hada 16" Flat top Bushmaster for <$1000, they might have more.

You could always try Vaguntrader.com

Good Luck.

nova

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
GAW and VAA had AR's in stock as of yesterday.
GAW had several AK's on consignment.

Gander Mtn in Fredericksburg hada 16" Flat top Bushmaster for <$1000, they might have more.

You could always try Vaguntrader.com

Good Luck.
Was just at the Gander Mtn in Fredericksburg this morning. Probably walked right past the ARs and didn't notice. But they were not short on rifles.

Marco

imported post

It wasn't on the back wall.

To the left if your looking at the Gun Smith station, near the archery area.
I know for a fact it isn't' there anymore, but they might have more.

Chaingun81

imported post

I saw some Olympic arms and DMPS starting at $700-800 at Atlantic firearms website, but i'm not sure if these are any good and if they are availiable at all...

essayons

imported post

About a month ago, Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond was selling DPMS M4gery's for 800 bucks when they had them. They don't last long but they get regular shipments. It may be worth calling and asking. DeGoff's in Richmond had various ARs for just under 1k, but they also don't last long on the shelves.

Sea_Chicken

imported post

Dont go to the gun show they are still common enough you can find them at an ok price if you look around. I went to the last gun show here at VA Beach and the slat top M&P AR's were all 1500 to 2300. An hour after I left I went to superior pawn wich I wouldent recomend and they had them for 1100, and after that I went to the armory and picked one up for 980.

Chaingun81

imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
April 24

Bring your Benjamins.

http://thenationsgunshow.com/
Yeah, i dont think so. I was at the last one and all ARs were waaaay over 1k, actually most of them over 1.5k. I think a lot of people still have this image that gun shows have best deals, which might be true selectionwise, but no longer true pricewise. Seems to me that online backorder or some small shop in less populated area would be a much better bet!

Chaingun81

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
Dont go to the gun show they are still common enough you can find them at an ok price if you look around. I went to the last gun show here at VA Beach and the slat top M&P AR's were all 1500 to 2300. An hour after I left I went to superior pawn wich I wouldent recomend and they had them for 1100, and after that I went to the armory and picked one up for 980.
Thanks, i was thinking the same. Gun shows are only good if you are in a mood to look at and handle a lot of guns...

Thundar

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
A few Carolina online dealers had some for around $800... but they sold out in a blink.

You'll probably be looking at least $1000, unless you buy some CAI or Kel-tec P.O.S.

Kel-Tecmakes a fine American product.

Neplusultra

imported post

Thundar wrote:
wylde007 wrote:

Kel-Tecmakes a fine American product.
I like the Kel-tec PLR-16 I have but I tell you what, cleaning the chamber is a major pain. I hope they change the design at some point so it breaks open more like an AR to make it easier to clean.