Thread: OPEN CARRY

Post imported post

To all that open carry , i was wondering why has there never been an open carry lunch here in the down town area of Indiannpolis, i would love to have the opportunityto meet and greet with every one that feels the same way i do about open carry, and would like to show every one in the down town areawhat their 2A rights are by open carrying, i think it would be a good thing and lots of fun to be had by all, lets get together on a place for lunch, and set this up. anyone out there willing please let me know.
    " A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State,
    The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed ".

Post imported post

I'm willing. I live on southeast side. Troy and Arlington. I don't go downtown much so I do not have any suggestions on where to go. Where did you have in mind?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

I live in theTerre Haute area.(west central Indiana)We had an open carry breakfast over here last year. I am open to some of these events if can schedule around them. AND my wife and I LOVE motorcycle rides as often as we can.:celebrate

Post imported post

Schedule it

Pick a saturday would be best for me -- no carry at work (which is annoying, considering I work right downtown -- so that means a special trip in any case).

Post imported post

squisher wrote:
    Schedule it

Pick a saturday would be best for me -- no carry at work (which is annoying, considering I work right downtown -- so that means a special trip in any case).
    Doesn't seem to be much interest in this for Indy.

Colorado Firearm law.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

WHERE ARE ALL THE OPEN CARRY FOKES AT , WE NEED TO BE STRONG ON THIS , COME ON GUYS " YOU CAN DO IT". call you friends that carry and lets get them on borad, i'll be there anyway just in case any one shows up :celebratemeetingfor lunchat 11nish.

Post imported post

Date??? If you are speaking of this Saturday April 25th I cannot make it at 11ish. My wife has a class till around 1pm and REALLY wants a bike ride after that!! Anyone for dinner? 4 or 5pm?

Post imported post

I go to meet ups in kentucky and ohio. I'[d be willing to do one in indi. any ideas for OC friendly places?

Post imported post

OC and lunch are two of my favorite things.

We did an OC brunch at Mann's in Indy afew months ago. Went very well.

The bacon was excellent!

I remember meeting GetA2J at that Terre Haute OC breakfast as well!

Post imported post

ATM wrote:
    OC and lunch are two of my favorite things.

We did an OC brunch at Mann's in Indy afew months ago. Went very well.

The bacon was excellent!

I remember meeting GetA2J at that Terre Haute OC breakfast as well!
    I'm still waiting for you to post the date and time for an oc bowling outing.

Colorado Firearm law.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

I'm sorry, just have to ask...how do you open carry and bowl? I have thursday leagues and couldn't imagine trying to work around a firearm sticking out from my hip, or anywhere for that matter.

Post imported post

Since I used to bowl I had to start thinking where the safest place to carry would be. I've narrowed it down to an ankle holster on your back leg. Anywhere on your hip will scrape your arm or you will be bending in a bad way. SOB is just gonna rub the small of your back raw. Shoulder rig is going to have your arms rubbing it, same as sides of hips. So that leaves the ankle holster, or a cowboy hat with a pocket inside. Good bowling form keeps your head forward & level through the approach.

Post imported post

chris in va wrote:
    I'm sorry, just have to ask...how do you open carry and bowl? I have thursday leagues and couldn't imagine trying to work around a firearm sticking out from my hip, or anywhere for that matter.
    Pretty easy for me with a paddle holster to slide it around from 4:00 to 5:00 position. On that note, I'm not much of a bowler to begin with so I'm probably doing it wrong.

On another note: an ankle holster is still OCwhen you're wearing shorts.

Now... what about lunch?

Post imported post

Hello, I am up in West Lafayette. I would really like to put my energy into an open carry 'demonstration' (for lack of a better word) sometime rather soon, either here, or more likely in Indianapolis. I think we should walk around the zoo and government area for an hour or two, videotape it, and I think we should tell the police many times beforehand that that's what we are doing (I am not sure about this idea, comments?), then there are no surprises, and then we are accomplishing our goal of getting the police used to the Second Amendment again. So, any and all interested, please respond on this forum asap, and let's get this going. All we need is 5-10 people to make this work. --Jeff

Post imported post

There is one in the works for Indy:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum22/30159.html

Post imported post

Thanks for the link! Already planning it. Already joined INgunowners. Ready for 9/26! Thanks. -Jeff

Post imported post

chris in va wrote:
    Maybe a cross draw holster? I'm not much of a bowler so I'm not sure, but I don't think that would interfere that bad.

Post imported post

ATM!! What's up? (We are on INGO)

I know on Indianagunowners.com, we have OC events all of the time. I'm in the NWI region so I am usually the coordinator for the eventsI attend, no one else puts any time into it.

The largest event we had was at Northwoods in St. John, bringing about 15 OCers. (For the record, the service was great, none of the employees FREAKED OUT!!! and called the boys in blue.) But when half of us continued the event at cabelas, we got the crap hassled out of us. But, it's cabela's, so it was to be expected.

Keep up the good fight!

Post imported post

nwi40cal wrote:
    ATM!! What's up? (We are on INGO)
    I'm getting a late start on this fine forum but I'm always drawn to threads pertaining to food.

I'm gonna have to make it up north one of these days and try the local bacon at one of your OC get togethers.

Post imported post

HAHAHAHAHA! A forum where I have a higher post count than ATM! This is awesome!:celebrate

Colorado Firearm law.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

Beau wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHA! A forum where I have a higher post count than ATM! This is awesome!:celebrate
    Savor it while you can, Beau!

Post imported post

Hello once again , as i have posted back in Oct,1 2009 about a Open Carry Lunch in the down town areai have now come in contact with some people on "FaceBook" who has done this in the past , Little if any info. on the event was posted on any web sites i visit,So Today i would like to ask all who may have been involvedin getting a walk put together for this year some time ,I truly believe that the citizens of Indianapolis need to know what there rights are and to come out in force to help spreed the word. The 2nd Amendment gives us this right .I also believe that a armed citizen in thearea inwhich you live makes that area a safe one. So if theres anyone out there in the area who would like tohelp get this off the ground please contact me here with start-up info.and as always "Watch Your Front Sites"

Post imported post

Glockman40 I am excited about your entheusiasm on this subject and I don't mean to "nit-pick". You mentioned that the 2nd ammendment gives us this right. I would like to state that the 2nd ammendment "Protects" this right. The only reason I bring it up at all is the idea that IF in fact congress "gives" us the right to keep and bear arms they will in fact one day attampt to take it away.

It is enumerated in the constitution as an "inalienable" meaning these rights were evident BEFORE the constitution was ratified and given by GOD to the people. The ammendments were penned to make certain that no-one would eventually try to take away those rights guarenteed in the ammendments.

If we keep saying that these rights were given to the people on the costitution then someday some beauricrat will attempt to remove them saying that times have changed and these rights no longer apply. but if they are given by a higher power and simply guaranteed by the congress it will be less likely to happen.

Post imported post

So what did the boys in blue say to ya?