• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Beau wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA! A forum where I have a higher post count than ATM! This is awesome!:celebrate

Savor it while you can, Beau!:lol:

GLOCKMAN40

imported post

Hello once again , as i have posted back in Oct,1 2009 about a Open Carry Lunch in the down town areai have now come in contact with some people on "FaceBook" who has done this in the past , Little if any info. on the event was posted on any web sites i visit,So Today i would like to ask all who may have been involvedin getting a walk put together for this year some time ,I truly believe that the citizens of Indianapolis need to know what there rights are and to come out in force to help spreed the word. The 2nd Amendment gives us this right .I also believe that a armed citizen in thearea inwhich you live makes that area a safe one. So if theres anyone out there in the area who would like tohelp get this off the ground please contact me here with start-up info.and as always "Watch Your Front Sites"

GetA2J

imported post

Glockman40 I am excited about your entheusiasm on this subject and I don't mean to "nit-pick". You mentioned that the 2nd ammendment gives us this right. I would like to state that the 2nd ammendment "Protects" this right. The only reason I bring it up at all is the idea that IF in fact congress "gives" us the right to keep and bear arms they will in fact one day attampt to take it away.

It is enumerated in the constitution as an "inalienable" meaning these rights were evident BEFORE the constitution was ratified and given by GOD to the people. The ammendments were penned to make certain that no-one would eventually try to take away those rights guarenteed in the ammendments.

If we keep saying that these rights were given to the people on the costitution then someday some beauricrat will attempt to remove them saying that times have changed and these rights no longer apply. but if they are given by a higher power and simply guaranteed by the congress it will be less likely to happen.