• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY

GLOCKMAN40

imported post

To all that open carry , i was wondering why has there never been an open carry lunch here in the down town area of Indiannpolis, i would love to have the opportunityto meet and greet with every one that feels the same way i do about open carry, and would like to show every one in the down town areawhat their 2A rights are by open carrying, i think it would be a good thing and lots of fun to be had by all, lets get together on a place for lunch, and set this up. anyone out there willing please let me know.

Beau

imported post

I'm willing. I live on southeast side. Troy and Arlington. I don't go downtown much so I do not have any suggestions on where to go. Where did you have in mind?

GetA2J

imported post

I live in theTerre Haute area.(west central Indiana)We had an open carry breakfast over here last year. I am open to some of these events if can schedule around them. AND my wife and I LOVE motorcycle rides as often as we can.:celebrate

squisher

imported post

Schedule it :)

Pick a saturday would be best for me -- no carry at work (which is annoying, considering I work right downtown -- so that means a special trip in any case).

Beau

imported post

squisher wrote:
Schedule it :)

Pick a saturday would be best for me -- no carry at work (which is annoying, considering I work right downtown -- so that means a special trip in any case).
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this for Indy.

GLOCKMAN40

imported post

WHERE ARE ALL THE OPEN CARRY FOKES AT , WE NEED TO BE STRONG ON THIS , COME ON GUYS " YOU CAN DO IT". call you friends that carry and lets get them on borad, i'll be there anyway just in case any one shows up :celebratemeetingfor lunchat 11nish.

GetA2J

imported post

Date??? If you are speaking of this Saturday April 25th I cannot make it at 11ish. My wife has a class till around 1pm and REALLY wants a bike ride after that!! Anyone for dinner? 4 or 5pm?

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OC and lunch are two of my favorite things.:cool:

We did an OC brunch at Mann's in Indy afew months ago. Went very well.

The bacon was excellent!

I remember meeting GetA2J at that Terre Haute OC breakfast as well!

Beau

imported post

ATM wrote:
OC and lunch are two of my favorite things.:cool:

We did an OC brunch at Mann's in Indy afew months ago. Went very well.

The bacon was excellent!

I remember meeting GetA2J at that Terre Haute OC breakfast as well!
I'm still waiting for you to post the date and time for an oc bowling outing.

chris in va

imported post

I'm sorry, just have to ask...how do you open carry and bowl? I have thursday leagues and couldn't imagine trying to work around a firearm sticking out from my hip, or anywhere for that matter.

Jubbie

imported post

Since I used to bowl I had to start thinking where the safest place to carry would be. I've narrowed it down to an ankle holster on your back leg. Anywhere on your hip will scrape your arm or you will be bending in a bad way. SOB is just gonna rub the small of your back raw. Shoulder rig is going to have your arms rubbing it, same as sides of hips. So that leaves the ankle holster, or a cowboy hat with a pocket inside. Good bowling form keeps your head forward & level through the approach.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

chris in va wrote:
I'm sorry, just have to ask...how do you open carry and bowl? I have thursday leagues and couldn't imagine trying to work around a firearm sticking out from my hip, or anywhere for that matter.

Pretty easy for me with a paddle holster to slide it around from 4:00 to 5:00 position. On that note, I'm not much of a bowler to begin with so I'm probably doing it wrong.

On another note: an ankle holster is still OCwhen you're wearing shorts.:D

Now... what about lunch?

Atomist

imported post

Hello, I am up in West Lafayette. I would really like to put my energy into an open carry 'demonstration' (for lack of a better word) sometime rather soon, either here, or more likely in Indianapolis. I think we should walk around the zoo and government area for an hour or two, videotape it, and I think we should tell the police many times beforehand that that's what we are doing (I am not sure about this idea, comments?), then there are no surprises, and then we are accomplishing our goal of getting the police used to the Second Amendment again. So, any and all interested, please respond on this forum asap, and let's get this going. All we need is 5-10 people to make this work. --Jeff

Timjoebillybob

imported post

chris in va wrote:
Maybe a cross draw holster? I'm not much of a bowler so I'm not sure, but I don't think that would interfere that bad.

nwi40cal

imported post

ATM!! What's up? (We are on INGO)

I know on Indianagunowners.com, we have OC events all of the time. I'm in the NWI region so I am usually the coordinator for the eventsI attend, no one else puts any time into it.

The largest event we had was at Northwoods in St. John, bringing about 15 OCers. (For the record, the service was great, none of the employees FREAKED OUT!!! and called the boys in blue.) But when half of us continued the event at cabelas, we got the crap hassled out of us. But, it's cabela's, so it was to be expected.

Keep up the good fight!

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nwi40cal wrote:
ATM!! What's up? (We are on INGO)

I'm getting a late start on this fine forum but I'm always drawn to threads pertaining to food.:D

I'm gonna have to make it up north one of these days and try the local bacon at one of your OC get togethers.