• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T/C Contender pistol

FogRider

imported post

Does anyone know where I could get a holster for a Contender with a 14" bbl and scope? I'm thinking either a drop leg, or a belt holster with a tie down.

TCContender.jpg

FogRider

imported post

Yeah, I wouldn't be carrying it around town, but the .223 with a red dot on top makes a decent bush gun.

I do already have a shoulder holster for it, but the fit isn't great (the red dot is taller than a normal pistol scope, and it's not real comfortable. The bandolier might just work a bit better.

buzzsaw

imported post

I have an old nylon padded shoulder holster for a 10" that I have used for years that accommadatesa scope but can't for the life of me remember who it came from. I will dig thru my trash tommorow and see if I can find it. I do have a leather shoulder holster for the 10" that I made but it doesn't accept a scoped barrel. Since one of my barrels is scoped and one isn't I have use for both. If I can find the old holster tommorow I will post the source but it is so old I can't offer any assurance that the company is still in existance.

buzzsaw

imported post

Bad news!!!! I found the holster. It is a Roy's Leather made by Roy Baker of Magnolia Ark. who the internet informs me has since passed away. Sorry, cause it is a great holster and I have found none that compare.

buzzsaw

imported post

While looking for Roy's Leather on the net I did see some references to some of his holsters available on ebay. May be worth a look.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Sounds goofy, but I've read on several forums about folks using holsters made for power drills. Harbor Freight carries one for about $15. 'Course the guys that use this kind of rig are only toting 10" barrels on thier guns. I would imagine you would have a time trying to clear a 14" bbl in any kind of hip rig!!

I use my bandolier holster more than anything else....easier to swing it around and out of the way if I'm climbing a treestand etc. Best way to tote it I've found.

A scoped 14" barrel is too long and heavy to carry on your belt....you'll end up miserable by day's end....

FogRider

imported post

Thanks OBXMIKE, it's sounding like a bandolier is the way to go. I'm not really worried about a quick draw, as a single shot with a rifle cartridge it's less a SD gun and more of something to carry around in the boonies.

buzzsaw, I have thought about making one, but I figured I'd try to find one first.

Springfield45

imported post

I had an el-cheapo Uncle Mikes soft shoulder rig that I purchased at Shyda's Gunshop in Lebanon Pennsylvania. I Cut a slot in the top of it, just enough to clear for the 4x Leupold on top. I would never trust it as an OC rig in public, but It served it's purpose for deer hunting perfectly, keeping the gun from getting scuffed up. I used to carry my contender via a sling until I got tired of the Brush snagging on the firearm while walking.

My Contender of choice for deer was the Super 14" chambered in .30 Herret. I've killed more deer with it out to 100 yds than any rifle I own. I've also laid many groundhogs to rest with the .222 barrel.

ALSO: While on the Conteder topic, about 2 months ago, I grew bored of my contender and sold it along with the accesories. The only thing I didn't sell with it was the ammunition. SO, If anyone else on this forum has a use for about one box .30 Herret ammunition and Necked brass (just needs trimmed) I would gladly give it to someone for the cost of shipping.

~~Springfield

Edited for Spelling

buzzsaw

imported post

Springfield, I know this is off topic but I have been trying to make out the emblem on your crow since I have been on here. I sported an IFGA (photomate) 2nd class many years back but the old eyes can't pull things out as good as they once did.

Dreamer

imported post

That is a very nice looking T/C. But you better not OC it in WV during hunting season. :shock:

WV's convoluted and contradictory hunting and firearms statutes prohibit carrying "long-barreled handguns" durig hunting season (but don't define "long"). However, ANY pistol with a scope is considered a "hunting pistol", so you can't have one on you or in your vehicle during Bow, Black Powder, or Rifle season for deer, or during small game season if you have a shotgun. Unless, of course, you have a concealed carry permit...

I lived in WV for 22years and hunted for almost 10 of those, and I STILL don't completely understand what is and is not legal with regards to handgun carry during hunting season in WV...:banghead:

The good news is that some 2A activists in WV are trying to get revisions and amendments made to the WV Hunting Codes to exempt open handgun carry during hunting season, and clean up the contradictory statutes.

But then again, since you live out West, I doubt you need to worry about all that...;)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I have a large bandolier holster for a scoped handgun that I will part with.
I got it for my .41Mag Desert Eagle with a holographic sight on it. I expect that T/C to be a little lighter than my D-E was, so it may be a good fit for you.

I also have a drop-leg holster for the D-E, that I can part with. They are both padded nylon material and emply velcro for a few functions.