Thread: REGISTERING

Post imported post

WHEN BUYING A NEW GUN, YOU HAVE 10 DAYS TO REGISTER YOUR GUN

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DONT, AND COULD YOU STILL CARRY IT. I HEARD IT IS JUST A FINE, NOT A MISDEMEANOR OR A FELONY.

Post imported post

dreamer669 wrote:
    WHEN BUYING A NEW GUN, YOU HAVE 10 DAYS TO REGISTER YOUR GUN

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DONT, AND COULD YOU STILL CARRY IT. I HEARD IT IS JUST A FINE, NOT A MISDEMEANOR OR A FELONY.

(2) If an individual licensed under section 5b purchases or otherwise acquires a pistol, the seller shall complete a record in quadruplicate on a form provided by the department of state police. The record shall include the purchaser's concealed weapon license number. The purchaser shall sign the record. The seller may retain 1 copy of the record. The purchaser shall receive 3 copies of the record and forward 2 copies to the police department of the city, village, or township in which the purchaser resides, or, if the purchaser does not reside in a city, village, or township having a police department, to the county sheriff, within 10 days following the purchase or acquisition. The return of the copies to the police department or county sheriff may be made in person or may be made by first-class mail or certified mail sent within the 10-day period to the proper address of the police department or county sheriff. A purchaser who fails to comply with the requirements of this subsection is responsible for a state civil infraction and may be fined not more than $250.00. If a purchaser is found responsible for a state civil infraction under this subsection, the court shall notify the department of state police and the concealed weapon licensing board that issued the license of that determination.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(kib...me=mcl-28-422a

ETA: The civil infraction is just a fine like a speeding ticket.

Post imported post

Huh. They told me they'd charge me with a misdemeanor if I didn't bring back the papers on time.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

you can't believe anything the law tells you, they don't know the law! Reaserch everything your self

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Huh. They told me they'd charge me with a misdemeanor if I didn't bring bark the papers on time.
    You can be arrested or charged for anything. That is a well-worn saying around here. Why? Because, unfortunately, there are a minority of LEOs and prosecutors who will wrongfully arrest or charge people, or threaten to do so.

Know the law. Know the penalties for violating each law. That is what will hold up in court.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi