• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WHO IS BEST 2012 PRESIDENT FOR 2ND AMENDMENT ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

The SECOND AMENDMENT and our RKBA should not have to wait .

As a centrist Methodist from North Carolina , I hate to be manipulated by the left or the right . Looking back can you see how we were played like 2nd graders ? I am for MITT ROMNEY * BOBBY JINDAL 2012 . Sarah Palin can be our energy csar .

Is it possible for we pro-gunners to get on the same page before Chris Mathews gets a tingling feeling going up his leg ?

Let's do it now with one voice this time . I was shocked at the numbers of conservative leaders that supported Mitt at the end , however to late though . If you desire to wait and debate later by all means do . If you believe the time is now to start our grassroot win let's go .

Do you hate somebody else planning yur future ?

America needs another Reagan and we can vote one into the White House !

JOESEEB

imported post

I strongly disagree I feel we need the truth and only Lincoln could do that.

main.php

an added bonus he loves guns even full auto!!!!!!:what:I bet the mexican drug lords would stop there drug war if this was our prez and he said "I'm comming for you next" I think every one would leave us alone.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

JOESEEB wrote:

main.php

an added bonus he loves guns even full auto!!!!!!:what:I bet the mexican drug lords would stop there drug war if this was our prez and he said "I'm comming for you next" I think every one would leave us alone.
Lincoln's no friend of Southerners. We are not exactly enamored with him down here.

POORBOY

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
JOESEEB wrote:

main.php

Lincoln's no friend of Southerners. We are not exactly enamored with him down here.
HEHEHEHE

JOESEEB

imported post

Lets put the past behind us.... Lincoln would have a diffrent apinion in this more civilized age. and if not then it wont matter cus he will endup gettign shot again!! problem solved now i nominate Obi Wan Kanobi after all he is our only hope!!!

Decoligny

imported post

JOESEEB wrote:
Lets put the past behind us.... Lincoln would have a diffrent apinion in this more civilized age. and if not then it wont matter cus he will endup gettign shot again!! problem solved now i nominate Obi Wan Kanobi after all he is our only hope!!!

No, Obi Wan thinks blasters are "so uncivilized!" Sound anti-2A to me.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

However Lincoln felt about the South before the war, bythe end of it he was ALL for putting the hatred aside and bringing about true reconcilliation with the South. Yes, a tall order but true none the less.

Consequently, his asassination was a tragedy for the South as it only allowed the radical "punish the South severely" people in the government to get their way viathe harsh "Reconstruction" they soon imposed without ANY "interference" from Lincoln.Had Lincoln lived, things would have beenMUCH easier on the South...ask any American History scholar if that is not a HIGLHY LIKELY statement although of course, we will never know for sure.

So quite inadvertently, Booth did the South a disservice, but gave radical Northerners just another (and big) excuse to punish the South.

-- John D. (born in MD but still a Southern sympathizer)

POORBOY

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
However Lincoln felt about the South before the war, bythe end of it he was ALL for putting the hatred aside and bringing about true reconcilliation with the South. Yes, a tall order but true none the less.

Consequently, his asassination was a tragedy for the South as it only allowed the radical "punish the South severely" people in the government to get their way viathe harsh "Reconstruction" they soon imposed without ANY "interference" from Lincoln.Had Lincoln lived, things would have beenMUCH easier on the South...ask any American History scholar if that is not a HIGLHY LIKELY statement although of course, we will never know for sure.

So quite inadvertently, Booth did the South a disservice, but gave radical Northerners just another (and big) excuse to punish the South.

well never mind this aint the place to get into a civil war southern argument so i'm gonna bow out.

edited to cover my a&$

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I know, and I agree, but most people don't get the bigger/deeper picture...just trying to set things straightand for the recordhere, since it was brought up by someone else above.

As for who (presently) would be the best pro-2nd Amendment/RKBA Presidential candidate for 2012...there aren't any. Maybe by then there MIGHT be...but who knows what Obama will do to the 2nd/RKBA in the next 4 years so we'll have to wait and see where THEY are (i.e., do we still HAVE them?) and where the majority of "Americans" are at re: these issues, too.

And, if Obama lives up to his "Messiah" hype and saves the economy, any Republican running against him probably won't have a chance in 2012, considering that most "Americans" are more concerned about money than they are rights...so they can easily be bought by any politician who caters to people's financial interests. They'd sell out America (and the Constitution)for an extra buck (or Peso) in a heartbeat.

-- John D.

Alexcabbie

imported post

As far as Presidential candidates for 2012 go, we are just going to have to let that one percolate. Far more important anr the 2010 Congressional elections, from which political scrum the viable Republican candidates will probably arise.

Now the Obamas are behaving like buffoons overseas as ths is written; giving the Queen of England an iPod (what is this with giving royalty little American electronic trinkets, as if the Queen was a savage who could be impressed with a cigarette lighter?) The First Lady goes to the opera with a button on her sweater missing. It is somewhat amusing, like watching the Beverly Hilbillies screw up Mrs. Drysdale's tea party, but they are conducting matters of State, for crying out loud. Don't they pay attention at the protocol briefings? Or are they so arrogant and/or simple they think they can act like they are at a fish-fry everywhere they go?

What is telling is that the late-night comics have started in with the jokes about the Obamas. "The Devyll, That Prowde Spirite; Cannot Endure to be Mocked" And mocked he will be. It will soon become apparent (if it has not already) that this man is unfit for office and by the way this damned recession is already easing up (I have the taxicab income to prove it) and it is no thankis to Obama, who wants to become the Head Mackka of GM and any other business he can get his hooks into. This is of course not authorized by - and contrary to - the Constitution. This recovery will stall and it will be VERY EVIDENT that the stalling is due to Obama and the DemonRatz. When THAT happens, the Boy Wonder and his bunch wil be in big trouble.

2012 can wait. 2010, however, is just around the corner. All politics is local, so everyone start acting locally. Don't moan about the paucity of suitable Presidential candidates. I say, stoke the fires that will refine the people available, that will purge the dross. That refining will take place in the mid-terms, and we MUST capture at least ONE house, and preferably BOTH.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Most voters be will interested in MR. ECONOMYMitt Romney .

AS GOVERNOR HE VOTED PRO-GUN & PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT

VS

Huffington Post , MSM , and political enemies

The Gun Owner's Action Leaque , NRA , Massachusetts' Law Enforcement , and gun owners endorsed these bills signed by Gov. Romney .

During Romney's term he signed several pieces of firearms regulations . A look at those regulations reveals a pro-gun Romney .

Those bills are characterized as " NET GAINS " in a state where opinion is weighed against them . Remember Mass. is the most blue state .

If we are going to be brainwashed again , do you think they they will at least pull my hair next time around?

DustoneGT

imported post

Mitt Romney? Jindal?

Have you done research on either of those guys?

Romney made the AWB permanent in Massachusetts. There are plenty of politicians out there who didn't have a change of heart on the 2A at some point in the past. I am a Mormon and will not vote for him. If somebody's too dumb to veto an AWB, I think they are hopeless as a politician forever. I'll forgive him, but I won't forget.

Jindal voted for an 'armor piercing' ammo ban as part of a 'compromise bill'.

You don't compromise on 2A issues with gun grabbers. It's like dropping the soap in jail. Once you're bent over and compromised, you're done.

I know he got an A from GOA, but not an A+.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080122040555/http://www.gunowners.org/109hrat.htm

I doubt Ron Paul will run again, but he got an A+ from GOA. The foreign wars and other neoconservative agenda points can all jump in the lake. I'll keep my guns, thank you.

I like Chuck Baldwin's take on this:
At least one is able to clearly see a liberal for what he or she is when they have a "D" behind their name. But put an "R" behind the name and suddenly their liberal, Big-Government, anti-freedom agenda is barely recognized, which makes a liberal Republican much more dangerous than a liberal Democrat. Let me say it straight out: a John McCain Presidency would be far worse than a Barack Obama Presidency. With a Democrat in the White House, conservatives and Christians suddenly find their principles and are able to offer resistance. Put a Republican in the Oval Office, however, and those same people become blind, deaf, and dumb to most any principle they profess.
In the primaries I voted for Ron Paul. By the time NM got to vote in June it was Paul or McCain.
I voted for Chuck Baldwin in the generals. I couldn't hold my nose and bubble in McCain or Barr and especially not Big O.

Whoever comes out between now and '12, I'm not compromising.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... DustoneGT ...

Romney said ,

"I do support the second amendment . The AWB bill was worked out , by the way , between the pro-gun lobby and the anti-gun lobby individuals . Both sides of the issue came together and found a way to provide relaxation in licensing requirements and allowed more people to have guns for their own legal purposes . I did not support any legislation against semiautomatic weapons. We have laws in place that , if they're implemented and enforced , will provide the protection and safety of the American people . I do support the right of individuals tobear arms , whether for hunting purposesor for protection purposes or for any other reasons . "

Mitt had me at ... I am MITT ROMNEY and BOBBY JINDAL protected the 2nd amendment rights for the Katrina victims .

Do not be brainwashed 2010 and 2012 are too important for us gun owners .

JOESEEB

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
JOESEEB wrote:

ya I know I was just kidding around any way. I think we need someone who understands they reason this country was founded and the way it was founded. This person should be willing to lay down his life for this belief. For the life of me I cant think of ant one who fits the bill.

Alexcabbie

imported post

JOESEEB wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
JOESEEB wrote:

ya I know I was just kidding around any way. I think we need someone who understands they reason this country was founded and the way it was founded. This person should be willing to lay down his life for this belief. For the life of me I cant think of ant one who fits the bill.
I can think of a couple thousand (at least) brave young American soldier-boys who fit the bill quite nicely. And maybe one of them will rise to the top in the crucible. Don't give up the ship.

KBCraig

imported post

So was John Wilkes Booth. ;)

Actually, most of Maryland sympathized with the Confederacy. If Lincoln hadn't illegally arrested a bunch of lawfully elected Maryland officeholders, MD probably would have seceded too, putting Lincoln in the uncomfortable spot of having the federal capitol completely surrounded.

I have lived in the South my entire life, except for three years stationed overseas. Never in my life have I seen as many Confederate flags as when I drove through western Maryland a few years ago. Those folks are quick to point out exactly where the Mason-Dixon line is, and which side they're on!

Don't get me started on the illegal and unconstitutional division of Virginia into two states...

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Posted a question under Louisiana State about Bobby Jindal fighting for the Second Amendment Rights of the Katrina victims . Check it out before someone gives you your opinion , as a possibility .

Slayer of Paper

imported post

There's no chance I would vote for Romney. Might as well forget about that. Jindal? maybe. I'd need to know more about him.

Ron Paul will probably not run again, and if he does will again probably not get the nomination. If he does, great! I'd actually have someone to vote FOR for a change (as opposed to against). If what I expect to happen happens (ultra liberal vs neo-con, which are really the same thing deep down) I will probably write in my own name just for kicks.

I will never EVER again vote for the lesser of two evils, particularly when there is NO DIFFERENCE between them.