• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

seattleguns.org-----is the site down or what?

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Touted as the "craigslist of guns" I haven't been able to get on for a day or two. Keep getting an error message that there are "too many connections." Anybody in the know about what is happening here. I'd hate to see this site go away, it's been a great place to see what's available locally.

-G20

just_a_car

imported post

+1... it's been about two days that it's been throwing that SQL error, seen below:
General Error SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The primary server went down and the backup did not engage. The owner is not available and even as a MOD I do not have remote access to restart the server.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

When I was able to get to the main screen, after a million tries, I noticed that a user named 'google (bot)' was currently using the site.... I'm wondering if they were cataloging things as they normally do managed to overload the server.

Tawnos

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
The primary server went down and the backup did not engage. The owner is not available and even as a MOD I do not have remote access to restart the server.
I believe the owner is another Microsoftie, so I'll email and see what he says :)

John Hardin

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
When I was able to get to the main screen, after a million tries, I noticed that a user named 'google (bot)' was currently using the site.... I'm wondering if they were cataloging things as they normally do managed to overload the server.
<cough> robots.txt </cough>