Thread: Don Pablo's

Post imported post

I damn near have the manager at Flint Don Pablo's inviting us to eat at the resturant. what I do have is the ok to open carry there. I am working on getting written permission so that the non CPL OC'ers can join us. The Manager said that tuesday is 7.99 all u can eat tacos. Tacos and a coke and your out the door for under ten bucks. Give me some feed back on a tuesdayeveningor a sat/sun afternoon. When I get the written permission I will set a date & time.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    I damn near have the manager at Flint Don Pablo's inviting us to eat at the resturant. what I do have is the ok to open carry there. I am working on getting written permission so that the non CPL OC'ers can join us. The Manager said that tuesday is 7.99 all u can eat tacos. Tacos and a coke and your out the door for under ten bucks. Give me some feed back on a tuesdayeveningor a sat/sun afternoon. When I get the written permission I will set a date & time.
    If you can talk him in to giving a discount for MOC members he can post this sign on his door.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I ate dinner with Zigziggityzoo in down town Ann Arbor tonight, and we were talking about how cool it would be to have a MOC business alliance. There could be discounts on all sorts of things for members, and also long lists of places that sell alcohol but have granted written permission to OC there. I know we're starting off kind of small with our current size for such things, but I believe it's another way we can grow faster.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

could the written permission for non cpl OC in alcohol establishment be given to a group and copied for the members? or would it have to be individually given by the owner?
    don't see where the law is clear on that, wondering if any of you guys have seen any sort of caselaw established.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

xd-40 wrote:
    could the written permission for non cpl OC in alcohol establishment be given to a group and copied for the members? or would it have to be individually given by the owner?
    don't see where the law is clear on that, wondering if any of you guys have seen any sort of caselaw established.
    OR, what if there's an "Open Carry is Welcome Here" Sign? Does that constitute permission? I would think yes.

Post imported post

Seems we could have a form store and restaurant owners could fill out, and have them scanned or a high quality photo of it snapped, and have it available to download and print. Or, we could make sure a sign that was posted had sufficient permission. Either way could work.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I ate dinner with Zigziggityzoo in down town Ann Arbor tonight, and we were talking about how cool it would be to have a MOC business alliance. There could be discounts on all sorts of things for members, and also long lists of places that sell alcohol but have granted written permission to OC there. I know we're starting off kind of small with our current size for such things, but I believe it's another way we can grow faster.
    Guys we are working on on this. The signs have been designed and will be at 4 flint coney places this Saturday. It takes time, but we are working on it. If members would approach those businesses that are pro-gun and tell them what we want to do and get them to come aboard that would be great. Let us know so we can produce of list of places that will offer member discounts on our new website (when it's up).

Many know people that own businesses and may be gun friendly. Approach them with the benefits of giving either a discount to members or posting a LAWFUL CARRY WELCOME sign with our website and logo. Again let us know so we can send them the signs and post there business.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

He is the general guns welcome sign.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Sorry I missed you guys that night.

Post imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
    Sorry I missed you guys that night.
    Don't be sorry, I forgot to invite you! I am the one who is sorry.

The good news is that with my current employment, I travel all over the place, and will definitely be coming back by Ann Arbor sooner than later, and I'll be sure to let you know next time.

Activist Member

Post imported post

OK, I'll definitely patronize Don Pablos more often. Also, Venator, where are those Coney Islands in Flint?

Thanks,

Post imported post

Graydon wrote:
    OK, I'll definitely patronize Don Pablos more often. Also, Venator, where are those Coney Islands in Flint?

Thanks,
    Ask warchild for addresses for all 3. But the one we eat at often is on Dort Hwy. Just north of the 69 exit for Dort, go north about a 1/2 mile, there is a speedway across the street, just north of Court st and south of Longway. Tom's Coneys.

I haven't had a bad meal or bad service yet.