• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MITT ROMNEY PRO-GUN INFO NEEDED

cato2

imported post

Mitt wants asemi-auto centerfire rifle with detachable mag.weapon ban (aka "assault" weapon). What else do you want to know?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Just learned about TRANSNATIONALISM .

With most of the conservative voices saying Romney and Jindal should we unite early for 2010 and 2012 ? Even with lesser the evil logic , are you the greater evil for dividing us again or by just staying home ?No one knows when the Bride Groom will return so I am planning for the wedding and mortal elections too . We have too many enimies to fight each other . I am planning to win .

b1ack5mith

imported post

i think jindal is great, however, i personally want ron paul and whoever he may choose (id like anyone paul would pick)

ron paul + chuck norris hahaa

IanB

imported post

Wait, are you talking about life long varmit hunter Mitt Romney? The guy who's been hunting twice.

The guy who joined the NRA as a life member 2 weeks before announcing he was running for Pres?

That guy? The one who talks a good game but comes across as a used car salesman?

You really think he's a 2A kinda guy?

And Jindal? The Governor who allowed mass firearm confiscation in the aftermath of Katrina? You really think he's a 2A kinda guy?

The same guy who lampooned spending money on volcano monitoring (response to state of union address) when there was an actual volcano belching, burping, and ready to blow up in Alaska? At least he can read the cue cards the RNC wrote up for him.

Are you smoking something? You do realize Apr 1st was Wednesday right?

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

Thank you, but no thank you.

It's late and I'm tired now. If I feel really motivated later I might reach back and dig up the many reasons why NO is the best answer to Romney. For now I'll go on record saying that Romney is a RINO.

Is he really the best you can do? Please try again.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Yes ,

MITT ROMNEY * BOBY JINDAL 2012

Mr Economy Romney and Mr. No Teleprompter Jindal

Name one national conservative media voice , that I have heard of , that does not want this ticket . The lesser of the evils and I will just stay home deal is for the other side of our gun rights . So are we going to be united or losers next time ? Have you ever wondered if the other side plants nay sayers to cause us to be divided ?

Give me my gun rights cause I am an American not a TRANSNATIONALIST .

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

Romney has never been a champion of gun rights. He pretends to be because it is politically expedient. In fact, flip-flopper Romney is the living embodiment of political expedience, he'll say ANYTHING to win your vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1bJOpYUqE

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/01/14/romney_retreats_on_gun_control/

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/02/19/romney_joined_nra_in_august/

http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/news/mitt-romney-on-gun-control/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURfrORhWPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ygw9CQ9po

I could go on, but all you have to do is search Google or YouTube for 'Romney on guns' or 'Romney flip flop', and you'll find lots of examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8M3...C308D6D39&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9

Romney is not worthy. Oh, yeah, and he's CFR.

Vegassteve

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Wait, are you talking about life long varmit hunter Mitt Romney? The guy who's been hunting twice.

The guy who joined the NRA as a life member 2 weeks before announcing he was running for Pres?

That guy? The one who talks a good game but comes across as a used car salesman?

You really think he's a 2A kinda guy?

And Jindal? The Governor who allowed mass firearm confiscation in the aftermath of Katrina? You really think he's a 2A kinda guy?

The same guy who lampooned spending money on volcano monitoring (response to state of union address) when there was an actual volcano belching, burping, and ready to blow up in Alaska? At least he can read the cue cards the RNC wrote up for him.

Are you smoking something? You do realize Apr 1st was Wednesday right?

You need to do more research. Jindal was not gov during Katrina. He was elected in 2007.

IanB

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
You need to do more research.
You are indeed correct Steve. I wrote without googling first, my mistake. It was Blanco who was Gov during Katrina. Maybe Jindal is good on 2A, I need more info and research. My opinion of Romney is unchanged.

MuellerBadener

imported post

Jindal is Great, but I don't know if he can win. Even as an LDS member, I've got say absolutely NO to Romney. The guy who said "used-car salesman' hit it right on the head. Whoever runs had better be good; I have resolved to never again vote fr the "Lesser of two evils". A candidate is either worthy of my vote or he is not. If none are, I'll vote for my wife and go home. I may not always like her stand, but I know I can live with her.:lol:

rpyne

imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
Jindal is Great, but I don't know if he can win. Even as an LDS member, I've got say absolutely NO to Romney. The guy who said "used-car salesman' hit it right on the head. Whoever runs had better be good; I have resolved to never again vote fr the "Lesser of two evils". A candidate is either worthy of my vote or he is not. If none are, I'll vote for my wife and go home. I may not always like her stand, but I know I can live with her.:lol:
+1

Although I don't have a wife to vote for. Of the possibilities out there, my first choice would be Alan Keys.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
+1 here as well.

I'm one of a fairly small number of people who has actually ever raised his hand to sustain Romney to an LDS Church position. I was living in the Boston area while he was Stake President and I happily sustained him to that position. If he is ever called to be a general authority, I will happily sustain him there as well.

But I listened to the "debates" between him and Kennedy when he ran for Senate in about '94. I was never no so happy to vote absentee in Utah as after realizing there was real difference between those two men's stands.

I watched his campaign for governor; watched him support and push socialized health care. Saw him continue to attack guns as Mass remains one of the few States NOT to have shall issue permits to carry AND one of the few with a scary looking gun ban.

I saw him change his position on several issues just in time to court the conservative GOP delegates. I was as disgusted as anyone could be by the extent to which religious bigotry--rather than a real examination of the issues--worked against him in some areas.

But one of the few areas where he did NOT materially change his prior positions was on RKBA. He REMAINS fairly hostile to RKBA.

This is one active LDS member who simply cannot support Romney for any public position where he will have influence over my RKBA. He would make a great Sec of Treasury. Maybe even some kind of cabinet position over economic policies.

But unless and until he convinces me he REALLY supports my RKBA, the only way I could ever vote for him is to keep someone far worse from winning. And since I live in GOP safe Utah, it is unlikely my vote--in general election at least--is ever going to be the deciding factor. So it is likely to be a vote for a third party, or my wife, if it ever comes down to Romney vs another gun grabber who happens to belong to a different party.

Charles

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
... The guy who said "used-car salesman' hit it right on the head. Whoever runs had better be good; I have resolved to never again vote fr the "Lesser of two evils". A candidate is either worthy of my vote or he is not. If none are, I'll vote for my wife and go home. I may not always like her stand, but I know I can live with her.:lol:
Yep, what he said. Romney reminds me of a very good used-car salesman. Personally I think he's made of plastic. Oh, yeah, and he's CFR.

I might just wind up writing in Ron Paul from now on; it's what I did last election.