• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inspirational Quotes for OCers

cato

imported post

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

nukechaser

imported post

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

- T. Jefferson, et. al

:celebrate

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cato wrote:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain
Thanks, Cato, I'm sharing that one with my children. And it reminds me of one of my favorites:

[font="georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif"]A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for. ~John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic[/font]

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

So many great ones from Thomas Paine...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

That government is best which governs least.

The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance.

These are the times that try men's souls.

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

And, of course, my favorite:

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.

Robin47

imported post

Heres my favorite :

Then said he unto them, " But now,he that has a purse,let him take it, and likewse his script: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment,and buy one."

Jesus Christ ! Yeah Love that one, LOL ! Robin47

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately" - B. Franklin

nukechaser

imported post

"You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan R. Jessep - A Few Good Men ;)

_Patriot

imported post

“You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.”

Al Capone

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."-Mark Twain

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Legend_AB

imported post

"Let us do or die."-Robert Burns

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."-Norman Schwarzkopf

Pagan

imported post

I play a card game called Magic The Gathering. And each creature card has some kind of saying or quote or something at the very bottom. Recently I saw this one while getting my butt kicked in a game.

"Victory favors neither the righteous nor the wicked, only the prepared"

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

"That history showed that the way tyrants had eliminated a militia consisting of all the ablebodied men was not by banning the militia but simply by taking away the people’s arms, enabling a select militia or standing army to suppress political opponents."

[align=left]J
USTICE SCALIA - "D.C. v. Heller"[/align]

grumpycoconut

imported post

"Your enemy is never a villain in his own eye. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill without hate - and quickly."

"A brute kills for pleasure. A fool kills from hate."

The prophet Heinlein in Excerpts from the Notebooks of Lazarus Long

fullauto223cal

imported post

Psalm 144:1 - Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

"The very fame of our strength and readiness would be a means of discouraging our enemies; for 'tis a wise and true saying, that one sword often keeps another in the scabbard. The way to secure peace is to be prepared for war. They that are on their guard, and appear ready to receive their adversaries, are in much less danger of being attacked than the supine, secure and negligent."
-Benjamin Franklin

"In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
"

One of my favorites, "Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than "4"."