• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raid

redlegagent

imported post

It seems that an upstate NY man was arrested yesterday in a massive raid incorporating local and NYS police SWAT teams at his home. He apparently was building illegal AK-47's at his home and selling them. They say he had over 70 firearms in the house as well as multiple cases of ammo - including weapons stuffed in the walls. He is a registered FFL owner. For all those who poo-poo NYS draconian gun laws, not everyone rolls in this state. ;) Granted, some one who has an FFL shouldn't be stupid enough to be making illegal weapons as they already have your address at a finger tips distance. Of course, local news paints this guy as some type of domestic terrorist. My bet is he was selling them at the local indian reservation. NYS police have shoot outs with smugglers from time to time up there. :celebrate

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/42334852.html

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, I fail to see what he did wrong here... Was he actually cold-forging weapons himself? Or was he purchasing from manufacturers, assembling, and then selling? Was he selling to people without NICS checks?

Or was it just that AK-47s are illegal in New York?

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had to start a thread in the "News and Political Alerts" sub-forum. The rest of the country needs to hear about this. I'm not buying it. Sounds like a load of garbage to me. I don't believe any media reports any more until there is a burden of proof. Especially a media report that uses law-enforcement as their sole source.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/24126.html

SlackwareRobert

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
including weapons stuffed in the walls. He is a registered FFL owner.
I can't believe that NYS would endanger the children by having guns
and ammo boxes laying about the floor insted of properly stored out of the way
in the walls.:banghead::banghead:

That is the safest place unless they are crooks stealing the coper pipes in the walls.