• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO meetup at the Tea Party in Richmond.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am organizing an open carry meetup at the tea party in front of the federal reserve building April 15th. Dinner after the tea partyin a local open carry friendly restaraunt.

Who's going?

hellfogg

imported post

I really don't understand it either. I guess the mods have their reasons. Since your Tea Party is at a post office, you could always take a road trip down to Richmond!:celebrate

Repeater

imported post

hellfogg wrote:
I'll be there. Hopefully this topic will not be deleted...

Well then, perhaps this will help make it relevant. First, once again, the official web site:

TAX DAY TEA PARTY, RICHMOND, VA

One of the advisers is Joe Cacciotti, who is part of the RPV Network.

Part of this network includes the Virginia Republican Defenders of the Second Amendment. Current members stands at 108.

Perhaps many of them will be attending. Then there could be a real party.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Eh, what time? I have school most of the day on Wednesday. :(
6:00 PM

Will be there OCing - probably attending dinner too.

Yata hey

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was going to take the day off and join the Tparty in Lafayette Park across from the WH. But being as I want to OC, I guess I'll have to hoof to Richmond. Hope to see you there. I'll have a sign that says 'I'm John Galt' on one side and 'The Tree of Liberty needs Watering' on the other.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Work out some details. I should be able to meet up. I'll certainly be at the event.

The Scuba knife thread was moved too. Maybe Mike is planning to rename this the "open carry of firearms mainly if you have a CHP but no knives. com"

OCFMCHPBNK.com:shock:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Work out some details. I should be able to meet up. I'll certainly be at the event.

The Scuba knife thread was moved too. Maybe Mike is planning to rename this the "open carry of firearms mainly if you have a CHP but no knives. com"

OCFMCHPBNK.com:shock:
Will look for you at this OC event.

Aren't knives as much related equipment as flashlights are for OCers?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=5489&forum_id=62&highlight=watchmaker

I will be OCing my usual 1911 in a Serpa with extra mags, knife, flashlight, digital recorder & cell phone w/camera - maybe even a separate digital camera.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Dinner after the tea party will be at LuLu's.

http://www.lu-lusrichmond.com/id2.html

21 North 17th Street

Richmond, Va 23219

LuLu's is open carry friendly and mentioned in the VA-ALERT 4/2/09.
The wife and I will be there. Do we need reservations?

One thing I'd love to see at the demonstration. We should designate a FRS frequency to use for Oc'ers. That way if there is a problem, everyone can know what's going on and where. Many of us have cameras, camcorders and voice recorders.
It would be good to have as many recording the encounter, as possible.

The frequency could also be used to find where members are for those that did not start with the group, etc.

Communication is power...and power is good!:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
T Dubya wrote:

21 North 17th Street

Richmond, Va 23219

One thing I'd love to see at the demonstration. We should designate a FRS frequency to use for Oc'ers. That way if there is a problem, everyone can know what's going on and where. Many of us have cameras, camcorders and voice recorders.

The frequency could also be used to find where members are for those that did not start with the group, etc.

Knowledge is power - communication imparts knowledge - Q.E.D. good communication is power.

Unfortunately, few will have radios with us. Those that have them should be encouraged to bring them and team up with others. There will also be those of us that have programed super secret cell phone #'s. :D

Yata hey

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
T Dubya wrote:

21 North 17th Street

Richmond, Va 23219

Knowledge is power - communication imparts knowledge - Q.E.D. good communication is power.

Unfortunately, few will have radios with us. Those that have them should be encouraged to bring them and team up with others. There will also be those of us that have programed super secret cell phone #'s. :D

Yata hey
I may have to pick up a radio. Can never hurt to be prepared.