• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wouldn't give anymore input on Local LEOs anymore...

scorpioajr

imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/03/19/20090319copsblog0319.html

Phoenix Assistant Chief Andy Anderson said the harassment case is unique because of the connection to an unaccredited grassroots Web site. He said the blog is one part of the case, though he did not provide specifics of the ongoing investigation.
Not cool.

"We have heard internally from our police sources that they purposefully did this to stop me," Pataky said. "They took my cable modem and wireless router. Anyone worth their salt knows nothing is stored in the cable modem."

thx997303

imported post

Well, if anything has ever needed to be aired, and was bad enough, people usually keep it under their hat until the proceedings are over.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

That's jacked up. Nothing is more dangerous than a rogue police officer or elected official with authority and power to take away your rights and trample them in the dust.

Kevin

ScottyT

imported post

Pretty messed up story.

Sounds like a good reason to start reporting on EVERY interaction you ever have with any cop, fireman, city councilman, or anyone else in a public position, and encouraging your friends and family to do the same. Blog about the good as well as the bad so people can see what areas are okay and what needs improvement.

They work for US. WE must be the watchers.